Trouble in Paradise

Jungkook ends up working for more hours than he planned. Having a sense of need to simply get everything his assistant gave him done before the older loses his temper and storms back into his office,  speaking of which for some reason he gets a strong feeling that Jimin is somewhere downstairs doing something he really shouldn't do if it was a few months ago he wouldn't be so sure of it, he didn't know that Jimin, the closed off one who refused to let anything out but now with the way Jimin was all back at being himself – his old self – that alone speaks how low the percentage of the smaller doing something normal and rational was.

He gets to work without wasting another second, he ratifies the documents on his desk and inspected them all one by one to make sure there was nothing wrong with them, thirty minutes and a few documents later he became restless, and intrusive thoughts came crushing his mind and concentration and he knew he needed to move, he needed to go find Jimin and take him home,  as much as he trusts that Jimin won't do something that will bring him any harm, he doesn't trust that the latter won't harm anyone.

So after he made it to the ground floor and stepped out of the elevator, jungkook can immediately spot Jimin sitting in one of the lobbies Couches, his eyes outstaring at someone who coincidentally or not happened to be his assistant if only he wasn't smiling so wickedly and the female wasn't shaking uncomfortably he would have thought Jimin was only trying to intimidate her, but, he knows better the smaller smiles like that only after he has done something bad and troublesome.

When Jimin glances up, it's to find Jungkook, skeptical eyes and mere inches away, There was some kind of querying wonder in the glint of his eyes, but he doesn't say anything about it and just indicated him with a nod to fellow.

What am-I your dog? , That's what he originally wanted to say but he opts for being a bigger man this time and just closed his mouth, he did enough in 24 hours.

Once inside the car, Jungkook drove them home in uncomfortable silence.

" What did you do? " Jungkook asked after what felt like forever for both of them. They were still on their way home, a few minutes away and strangely he felt like the road was longer than usual, blame it on the nervousness but Jimin hates how awkward he suddenly feels with Jungkook beside him.

" I don't know what you're talking about" jimin straightens up, eyebrows meeting in a frown. Faking innocence.

"Chim "

" What! I'm serious"

" Chim "

" Fine... I just talked with her "

" That's not how it looked like "

" Seriously I just told her to stay away from you and I may or may not have threatened her ..- don't look at me like that I swear I didn't hurt her ... physically " Jimin assures him, turning his head from Jungkook to look outside the car window, it's not like he was lying, he just didn't say the whole truth so he thinks it's fine, Jungkook knows him enough to figure out there is a tiny little more than what he just said.

" For God's love jimin- ah when will you stop" Jungkook tilts his head giving Jimin a quick glance before looking back at the road.

" Stop what? , I just started " jimin mumbled, if Jungkook heard him he didn't say anything to which the smaller was glad, he didn't want any more uneasiness between them.

The silence that follows suit is equally awkward. But Jungkook is, surprisingly calmer and there is no hint of that morning anger honestly, it's giving Jimin mixed signals, one on not being sure if things are okay again or he'll be ignored once they reach home.

Things weren't always like this back then, sure a lot has happened in less than a year. First, having Jungkook back in his life initially as a clingy stranger who wants so badly to befriend him and somehow succeeding along the way to break his walls whichever resulted in his - nearly - death, all that only to find out his 8 years of suffering were all useless and that he lived in a big fat lie and between all that they went through a roller coaster of feelings, neglect, worry, warmth, regret, self-loss, anxiety, fondness and a lot of emotions Jimin can't describe with words, along all that Jungkook became a boozer and nicotine addict whilst Jimin mental health was triggered and he became a mentally and physically weak person.