18- Learning

"What is happening to this kid!" Stiles Yelled while struggling to hold down a seizing Brett with the help from Nori, and Derek.

"He's been poisoned by a rare Wolfsbane." Deaton informed them. "I need to make an incision and you need to hold him as still as possible." He moved closer to Brett, holding a scalpel.

Derek and Stiles held his arms, while Nori holds Bretts shoulders down. "Hey, Derek, how about a little werewolf strength?" Stiles asked.

"Yeah, I'm not the only one here with werewolf strength." Derek said back.

"Ladies, ladies. You're both beautiful, no need for a cat fight." Nori said, trying to stop them from having a useless argument. In return... she got two glares from them.

"If you can't hold him still, the incision might kill him." Deaton told them.

"I can slow down time so that he's still and make the incision. You just have to give me very detailed instructions." Nori spoke to Deaton

"That should work." Deaton nodded.

Brett started spitting up, god knows what, and started getting restless. "He's slipping. I don't think I can hold him." Stiles Stressed.

Brett Suddenly got his strength and pushed them all away. Sending Nori back and hitting her back against the wall.

Brett was about to make a run for it expect Peter Hale interfered. By sending a tight fist to Brett's jaw. Brett fell to the floor. Unconscious. Stiles helped Nori up, and they looked over at Peter as he spoke. Flashing his bright blue eyes.

"I guess I still have a little werewolf strength myself."

"Yeah, maybe more than a little." Derek added.

Nori and Stiles walked over to Brett, watching his chest, waiting for it to move up and down. Except it doesn't. "Hey, Doc." Nori said, Getting his attention.

"I don't think he's breathing." Stiles said.

Doc quickly sat down by Brett, followed by Nori and Stiles. He held the scalpel over Brett's chest. Making the incision. Everyone watched as a yellow liquid poured out, as well as gas leaving the wound. And quickly after, Brett started breathing.

"Is he okay?" Stiles asked.

"Doesn't look like it." Nori mumbled.

"I think he'll be fine, but he'll probably be out for a while." 

"Guys, can you hear that?" Stiles asked.

"He's saying something." Nori added.

Everyone listened closely. "The sun...The moon...The truth." Brett repeated.

"Three things cannot long be hidden. The sun, The moon, and The truth." Deaton explained. He looked over at Derek while continuing. "It's buddhist."

"Satomi." Peter realized.

*

Nori decided to stay with Deaton and Brett in case Brett decided to wake up and go on a killing spree. As Brett slept unconscious on the exam table, Nori helped Deaton clean up the mess Brett made. Obviously Nori didn't like the silence, so she filled it.

"Do you know much about Kitsunes? Time Kistunes to be specific. If you don't, that's totally okay it's just, I don't really have anyone to ask about it." Nori asked.

"Why haven't you asked your mother?" Deaton asked.

"My mom? No. Kira goes to her, but that's because Kira is her favorite. I mean mom literally had a sword that was meant to be Kira's. All I got was an impressed smile."

"Have you tried asking?" Deaton asked.

Nori sighed, standing up, throwing some trash away like a basketball. "Yeah, she says she doesn't know a lot of information on Time kitsunes. Total Bull. But I always overhear her talking to Kira about her Kitsune. Kira the Thunder Kitsune. Oh Kira. Anata wa kyōryokuna kitsunedesu. Chūi ga hitsuyōdesu." Nori mocked her mother, getting angrier by the second

(I used google translate and we all know we can't trust her, so I apologize if that is all wrong.)

"You are a powerful Kistune. You must be careful." Deaton said.

"You know Japanese?" Nori smiled.

"A little."

"What do you not know?" Nori asked.

"A Thunder Kitsune is dangerous. Your mother wishes your sister to understand the spirit of her kitsune. It can be benevolent, while simultaneously behaving subtly, and malevolent or amoral at worst." Deaton explained, ignoring her question.

"Shitte iru (I know). You sound like my mother. I'm worried for Kira, I am. Except I'm doing this all alone. I know I sound selfish." Nori said, growing quiet.

"It's okay to be selfish once in a while. You're still in school, and you're fighting the supernatural." Deaton reassured.

"And you're a grown adult listening to a teenage girl rant. I'm so sorry, I'll shut up now." Nori cursed to herself.

"Except you're not alone. You have Scott's pack, and you have me. I know about Time Kitsunes. I had done some research when I learned what you were." As Deaton spoke, Nori's eyes filled with hope. "Do you know the meaning of your name?" Nori shrugged, not knowing the answer. "It means belief. That is something you need more of. You need to believe in yourself. And you need to believe that your friends and family will always have your back."

Nori leaned against the counter while listening to Deaton, who was checking on Brett.

"Time Kitsunes have eidetic memories and are said to be full of wisdom." Deaton started.

"I'm not very wise." Nori added.

Deaton looked at her with raised eyebrows. "Definitely not." He joked. Earning a slight chuckle from Nori. "Time Kitsunes can always detect when someone is lying. That is a rare element in Kitsunes. Although Time Kitsunes can't time travel, they can slow down time, and predict future events."

"Check, check, and check." Nori's demeanor changed when she remembered her predicting Allison's death.

"You've predicted the future?" Deaton asked, intrigued.

"Allisons death. It was more like a vision. Except I thought it was a dream." She grew quiet until speaking again. "I could have done something, Allison could still be standing here."

"You need to understand one thing, Nori."

Nori looked up at him. "You are not guilty for Allisons death. Or anyone's death that you see. That can corupt your Kitsunes thoughts and it can show you false information. Leading you and others into a different challenge, or another death that wasn't meant to happen. Your kitsune can be just as dangerous as Kira's. Kira's is a physical challenge but yours is a mental one."

"Great because my mental health is fantastic." Nori sarcastically smiled.

Deaton smiled at her, "I think meditation would be a great practice for you to try. You need to learn how to calm your mind. How to tame it."

"I've tried. I just can't clear my mind.." Nori told him.

"Nori, you've just got to believe in yourself." Deaton told her. 

"Well let's see. ADHD check, Anxiety check. There was a buy one get one free sale. Really, it's the dream." Nori sarcastically smiled. "It's hard for me to have hope and believe in myself."

_______________

Tell me why Kira is not in this episode, at all. Not even one scene. This whole Deaton and Nori scene was not planned. I just typed and hoped for the best. NEXT CHAPTER IS WHEN Malia finds out Stiles lied to her. I want Nori and Malia together already.

For those who don't remember: Rest of this episode is Lydia and Stiles breaking the other third of the list, Liam, Meredith, and Malia Hale are on it. And then Liam being stuck in the well, with Scott trying to get him. Then lastly, Malia and Derek search for Satomi. Nori doesn't really fit in there.

Love you <3