19 | Lamb to the Slaughter: Part One

CHRISTINA'S SHARP HEELS echoed around the hallway as she headed to the kitchen, fingers clutched around her earlobe to hook one of the earrings

A smile quirked up her lips at the sight of Robin, leaning against the kitchen island and staring ahead, brows pinched together. She had cleaned up as promised, pulling off a suit better than any other person she knew. The combination complemented the elusive aura she exuded; dark grey and rather large around her figure, she paired a waistcoat with nothing underneath, wide-legged pants, and a double-breasted blazer. Her hair was in its usual state, brown strands falling past her shoulders, one side tucked behind her ear to reveal the earrings around her helix and lobe.

She was so enthralled in her thoughts that she didn't see Christina coming, not until she spoke.

"That's one hot suit."

Robin tilted her head to face her, eyes trailing down the black dress she wore. It had a plunging neckline, the silk flowing gently around her body to reach a little below the knees, complimenting her curves without being too tight, paired with shiny knee-high boots.

"That's one hot dress."

Christina chuckled, letting go of her ear once the earring was secured and closing the distance between them. Her hands reached for the lapel of her blazer, smoothing it down. She looked up at her, noticing the wound on her forehead was healing, leaving a scar that cut a bit of her eyebrow.

"It's getting better," she noted, and Robin nodded, offering a smile. Christina could see it didn't reach her eyes.

Her eyes skipped back to the counter, where she caught sight of the Imitrex box, its strip peeking out of it.

"What's this for?" Her fingers curled around the box, taking out the notice buried deep inside to read the information.

"Migraines," Robin answered, reaching for the glass of water from behind her and taking a leisurely sip.

"You're having migraines? Why?" She looked back at her, the back of her hand resting against Robin's forehead. She could feel the slight heat against her skin. "Why didn't you tell me?"

"It's fine now." Robin gently took her wrist, moving her hand away. It was a usual response she encountered after a trigger. Yet, it had been a couple of days and it only grew stronger, blinding her. It had compromised her peripheral vision this afternoon, turning it pitch black for a few excruciating seconds.

"It's not fine, you look tired." She shot her a pointed look. "You're staying home."

"It's a side effect of this." Robin ushered at the medication. "Makes me a little drowsy, but it's fine."

"Then lie in bed, get some rest-"

"I don't need rest. I'm not leaving you."

"I'll be fine," Christina huffed as she took her wrist, pulling her to the room but Robin wouldn't budge. "I can get in without you, Bree's not an asshole. Get some sleep and I'll be back before you know it-"