29.2 | Jiggsaw Puzzle: Part Two

After a good hour of passing through every possible surface, they moved to the bedrooms along with the rest of the group. Kaden was persistent to take off all the beddings to wash them, seeing as they didn't do that for two weeks. He gestured at the room beside the kitchen, one Finn didn't even notice was there, to drop them by the washing machines. The space was hoarded with cleaning supplies, along with a drier, an iron set, as well as packs and packs of toilet paper and tissues.

Kaden had taken it upon himself to clean it just yesterday. He'd been looking for an outlet to release all the restless energy in his body, and the rest of the group had watched him scrub like the room had been infected with a deadly virus from the corner of their eyes, a safe distance away.

They split up then, each one cleaning their own bedroom and bathroom. Robin was assigned to help Jeremy with his room as it was the messiest, Finn with Joe, and Christina with Lizzie and Ollie.

Kaden loaded the two washing machines, a few bed linen remaining in the basket. He would have to fill it back again when the first load was done. In the meantime, he cleaned his bedroom, and when he finished, he checked after each of them.

Robin could hear the banter in the background as she wiped the headboard, eyes catching sight of Kaden's figure as he got inside the bedroom, meeting Jeremy halfway as he just left the bathroom.

"All clean," Jeremy announced, moving to tidy the closets.

But Kaden stopped him with an, "If I check the top of the cabinet and find the smallest speck of dust-"

"All right, all right!" He backtracked with arms in the air.

Robin absently moved to wipe the vanity for a second time.

"What are you doing?" He asked, and she contemplated the consequences of smacking the wet cloth in his face.

"Deep cleaning," she stated blandly.

He arched an eyebrow. "You're stalling. That corner's been clean for a while."

She met his eye, finding herself fantasizing about his long curvy neck and how good it would look wrapped around her clenched fingers at this very moment.

"Kade," Joe called out from the doorway, and he shifted his focus to her. "Nico misplaced the bar keys. I have to go give him mine."

"You're going now?"

"Is she bailing?" Lizzie squealed in the background. "Are you bailing on us?"

"Yup." Joe moved to the living room, ignoring Kaden as he rushed everyone to finish in ten minutes, seeing as it was almost two in the afternoon, to which Jeremy replied with 'you want it done fast, or you want it done right?'. Joe distantly noted that he was quoting him whenever they complained cleaning sessions were taking too long.