ғɪғᴛʏ ɴɪɴᴇ

rape/SA tw!!!!! 
don't forget to vote&comment <3

without further adieu, I present to you the next chapter...

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

DEVI BHATT

I'm here to reclaim an old favour, Gio. It repeats in my head.

I follow the directions I was given by one of the many maids. My footsteps echo against the marble walls. Looking over the stair railing, I catch a glimpse of Gio and Grisha talking in the corner.

I stop breathing to listen.

"Look, you need to kill him," Giovanni presses.

"I know," Grisha grinds out, "I fucking know. Don't you think I know that already?"

Giovanni doesn't take offence to Grisha's tone. "Then what's stopping you?" A beat of silence passes. Giovanni studies Grisha. "Look Grisha, I know you still feel gui–"

"It's not because of that," Grisha interrupts, jaw flexed.

"It wasn't your fault," Giovanni continues. "You did everything you could. You tried."

"Yet nothing happened."

"It wasn't your responsibility. You told Constantin–"

I haven't heard his name in a while.

"Don't, say his name." It's an instruction.

"Okay." Giovanni lowers his voice. "You told your father what was happening and it became his responsibility, not yours. So don't let this get in the way of your responsibilities."

Grisha sighs, exhaustion sweeping over his features.

"He caused all of this. If you don't kill him he's just going to keep on hurting you– hurting her again. You tried to stop it."

Hurt her. Are they on about me? Confusion fills me as I get given more and more puzzle pieces with no knowledge of how to put them together.

"Not hard enough."

"She would be dead if he gave her what he was going to do along with that simulation. It's a goddamn miracle you're still in one piece," Giovanni's voice curls in anger, as he puts two hands on the table.

That seems to wake Grisha up. "How do I kill him?"

Giovanni's shoulders relax as he sits back again. "I don't know, get creative. I can supply the glitter."

Grisha pushes his shoulder with a deep throaty laugh. "Make it multicoloured."

"I'm going to get a doctor to run a couple of tests on you, yeah?" Giovanni says, standing up. "Can't have you turning into a horse now."

Grisha's laugh fades. "I meant what I said before, Gio. I'm going to use that favour."

"What are they saying?" someone whispers in my ear. Kai.

I almost fucking jump out of my skin.

"Holy fucking shit," I whisper hiss. "Give me a little warning you're there, next time," I say before walking away from the staircase and him.

"So he knows, huh?" Kai calls out casually, catching up to me from behind.

I swing my head to him with a wry expression. "Well, aren't you Einstein?"