ғᴏʀᴛʏ ᴛᴡᴏ

molly it just happens idek how, if you read like the first 1.5 thousand words of this chapter I think that will be enough for you <3

without further adieu, here is the next chapter...

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

DEVI BHATT

With one hand on the small of my back, he walks me to a secluded location answering none of my curious questions. A small grin plays on his lips watching me swat torturous flies away and my never ending perseverance to pull the surprise out of his lips. Did I mention how much I hate surprises?

We walk along a pathless route, blocked by tall, towering trees that are still green, and still withstanding the cruel weather of winter. The ice should have melted by now since it's slightly warmer than usual, apparently perfect for what he has planned.

I blindly stumble over a fallen branch but before I can fall face flat, he curls his fingers around the waistband of my jeans, pulling me back and steady on my feet. The simple act, enough to incite a climate change in my own body.

"Shit," I cursed, then looked over my shoulder, "see? if you simply told me where we were going, maybe I wouldn't have almost fallen."

"Maybe," he emphasises, "or maybe you need to watch where you're going."

"I find that incredibly offensive,"

His hand brushes my upper arm. "You can punish me later."

I gawk at him. "Wouldn't you like it, my little manwhore."

"Excuse me?" he chuckles behind me.

"Just checking if you have a degradation kink. I can cross that out now," I reply, with a sly smile.

The sound of water fills my ears,making my head perk up from looking at the ground. I gasp in awe when I spot the waterfall we drove past far too fast the other day. Looking behind me at Grisha, he slides his hand into mine, smiling when his eyes meet mine.

What a storm he has conjured inside me when he smiles so beautifully- it rages in me hard, my emotions are caught up in mid air as my heart beats loud like the harsh pitter patter of torrential rain.

"Surprise. Do you like it?" hope in his tone when he asks, so stupidly as if I'd ever say no.

The water shimmers in the pale sunlight up ahead at the top as it falls into the pool below creating a cloud of water vapour. There aren't any rainbows in the sky but I swear I'm about to barf rainbows and sparkles with how beautiful this looks.

I stroll forwards, reaching the stones surrounding the waterfall. I feel the cool water spray over my cheek.

"This is amazing," I say in awe turning to face him, "how does no-one else know about this?"

"I have no idea but there's something I want to do," he murmurs, getting something out of his pocket. "You always wear that chain around your neck. I want something that reminds you of me as much as you plague my mind daily."

I gasp when he takes out a white gold chain, with the most intense black diamond. He takes it out so leisurely, as I freeze on the spot thinking how expensive that must have been. It's the most beautiful piece of jewellery I've ever seen in my life, I can feel the intensity of the black diamond even by looking at it. I stare at it, getting lost in how the light shines through the fractures.

"Wh-what?"

"Turn around," he says, and I obey, feeling the slight brush of his fingers along my nape and collar bones, which lights a sensual trail of goosebumps along my skin.