ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ ɴɪɴᴇ

ayyy 2 chapters bitches

Without further adieu, here is the next chapter...

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

DEVI BHATT

The chandelier creeks above us.

Her hand slides down my arm, gently holding my hand and bringing it up. "What a beautiful hand," she purrs. "And what a beautiful thing it's about to do."

She glides behind me, resting her chin on my shoulder, still holding my hand up.

I feel so shaken up emotionally, I don't have the energy to react anymore. This was supposed to be a simple day. When I try to reignite my old self, it works, but just like a weak flame, it flickers, one, twice, thrice, then it blows out. But the more you try to turn on a lighter, you realise you get what you need. A flame long and strong enough to catch anything you want.

"What do you want?"

A cold grey gun reaches my fingertips making my lips part in surprise.

"I need you," she holds the gun in my hand, aiming it in a way that's making everything in my body recoil, regret everything, and hate myself so much. "To shoot."

And beyond the tip of my gun, is him.

And behind him, is my best friend being tortured, the same clip being played. Over. And over. And over, again. He got me through so much, it made me forget every mistreatment so all I have for him is love. Platonic love.

"Shoot him and," her voice is ever so gentle, like a sway in the breeze, "all your problems, us, will disappear for you and your best friend."

"I-I can't," I whisper.

Grisha is on the floor, equivalent to a lifeless body. Instead he's not lifeless- I hope- he's alive and has no-one to defend him.

"You can, oh, you can Amore." Her thumb caresses my hand.

A bitterness forms in my mouth as a tear leaks out the corner of my eye.

"N-N-No, this, no I.." I trail off.

A high frequency beep interrupts my thoughts. I turn my head to it.

"Shh, focus, Amore."

"Sì, every single thing that you would have done. Forgotten. This is your freedom." (yes)

Freedom. I won't have to worry about them. No-one will be on my back. I can have a normal life. But what if... I don't want that? I feel like I'm living when I'm with Grisha, he makes me feel good, despite my disgusting mistakes, I can't do this.

"Forgotten?"

"." (yes)

"If I do this, you leave me alone and release him, sì?"

But then If I don't do this, I'm going to lose my best friend. I tell him everything, he's my only friend.

I also think they're lying- like fuck they're going to let me go.

Ares nudges my finger over the trigger.

"Shoot him, shoot him," I assure myself, as my plan clicks into place. A bullet wound should wake him, right?

They said to shoot him, they never said where.

And I sure as hell hope there's more bullets in this thing.