ғᴏʀᴛʏ ᴏɴᴇ

ok I'm sorry molly it was like very spontaneous and unplanned.

without further adieu, here is the next chapter...

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

DEVI BHATT

The power came back one day after New Year's Day thankfully. So currently, I'm tucked under a blanket in the cinema room scrolling through Disney plus. The snow has officially disappeared after that hellish storm which is unfortunate. I kind of wanted to experience a white Christmas a little while longer.

Oh shit. Christmas. Did I miss it? Wait– did Grisha spend it alone?

I completely forgot about gifts and all that comes with Christmas. They didn't really have any decorations up but the last time I checked Feliks' room I swear I saw one of those really small pink sparkly trees which was cute.

I settled for Teen Beach Movie on disney channel to watch which is when Grisha walks in. It's the most nostalgic and amazing movie on Disney channel ever. Next to Cloud 9 and Lemonade Mouth.

I turn to face him when he sits down. "Did you spend Christmas alone?"

He pauses. "I had you."

I frown. "The living equivalent of dead me."

"To be honest, we're always so busy we never really gave any thought to it. And most of it is basically propaganda. I don't think Jesus would be impressed if he found out we celebrate his birth by telling kids a fat man in a red furry suit comes to your house through your chimney to give a gift."

I gasp. "Don't fat shame Santa Clause."

He gives me a dead look. "Fine then, morbidly obese."

I roll my eyes with a smile. "Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed."

"Actually I woke up with your fingers squeezing my ears half to death."

"Sorry," I cringe. "I really didn't do that on purpose, I swear."

"What were you dreaming about?"

"The seatbelt I was wearing was loose and the rollercoaster had just started. So really I was dreaming about imminent death," I give him a dashing smile. "You?"

I pull some of the blanket over his legs but it's not really big enough to cover both of our bodies. After a long twenty seconds of trying to sort the blanket for us, he tugs me onto his lap so we're facing each other. A breath gets stuck in my throat. Now the blanket covers both of us. Problem solved.

"Something else." He cocks his head.

He leans his head back onto the couch, his eyes rolling down my body then back to my eyes. His hands reach around my jaw, pulling me closer causing my hands to move up his chest.

"Should we video call the others?"

He swallows the rest of my voice with his lips. He makes my heart race until the very moment his lips touch mine– then I feel my heart sigh in content. I sink into his body, his mouth moving against mine.

My fingers curl around his shirt and in his hair, pulling his body closer. One of his hands stays wrapped around the underside of my jaw and the other trails up my thigh under the blanket. His tongue slides into my mouth, allowing me to taste him. He kisses me slow and deep, igniting something else in me.

He pulls away, his eyes not leaving my lips. "You were saying?"

I open my mouth only for nothing to come out.