XXIV

"What do you want Anthony?" Camila asked once Dinah left the scene.

"How have you been?" Anthony asked casually on purposely avoiding Camila's question.

"Why are you so interested for?" Camila kinked her eyebrow up at tall guy in front of her, intimidating him on purpose.

"Nothing, I'm just here trying to be friends with you and that's it." He held out his hands in front of him and took a step back from Camila.

Camila looked at him with anger in her eyes and he just looked at her with a sign of hope and kindness in his eyes. He has changed physically and that Camila can definitely say is something that he achieved quiet well. The previous varsity player have changed his body build, he is now much bigger then he used to be, he probably even grew a little taller, his hairstyle is now more sophisticated, neatly cut down the sides and brushed out on the top. He surely is more attractive now than the times when he and Camila were together.

Camila swallowed hard, her mouth now dry, not having any idea on what to say next. She grew more and more uncomfortable around him and quickly made something up in her head to leave the awkward interaction.

"I have to go." Camila blurted out once she stood there frozen for quiet a long time.

"Can I at least ask you to go dinner with me before you leave?" He asked, smiling brightly, in the hopes of Camila wouldn't reject him.

Camila stared at him, a little baffled with his invitation. Surely she didn't want to risk things and make him expect things from his ex girlfriend.

"It's just a casual dinner, no strings attached." He chuckled. "Please?" He added after a while and smiled brightly.

"Ugh." Camila groaned and ran her fingers through her hair. "Fine. I'll go." She agreed but on purposely avoiding his gaze.

"Great. Tomorrow? I'll text you the place." He took his phone out of his back pocket and handed it to Camila for her to save her contact in it.

Camila took the device and typed her information quickly.

"I guess I'll see you tomorrow?" He smiled and met Camila's gaze instantly.

Camila sighed and smiled at Anthony before speaking another word.

"Don't get too excited." Camila commented and walked away swiftly from Anthony to where Dinah stood watching the interaction from afar.

"Nice talking to you!" He called out after Camila.

"He's a jerk Mila." Dinah stated once Camila reached her.

"Let's just leave." Camila tugged on Dinah's arm firmly and lead her friend out of the music store.

Dinah took a glance back to check whether the newly transformed man was still there. Dinah caught his gaze watching both Camila and Dinah leave.

"What did he want from you?" Dinah asked, once they were finally out of the music store and on their way to the lower level of the mall.

"To become friends." Camila stated simply.

"Are you sure?" Dinah asked. "I mean he looked like he wanted something else plus he asked for your number." Dinah reminded Camila.

"I know but if he does want something from me then why not go and find out what it is right?" Camila shrugged her shoulders at Dinah.

"Just a little reminder here my friend, your girlfriend is in a hospital bed still unconscious." Dinah informed Camila as if the smaller girl wasn't aware of it already.