XVII

Camila: "Good Morning Babe, don't forget about today's 'formal' meeting with my parents. I'm still not sure about the time but please be ready for any time today, I don't want to disappoint them by being late. I love you. - C xo"

Lauren woke up to another text message from her girlfriend, her face beamed out a bright smile at the sight of it but in the back of her mind, scared and nervous about today's formal meeting with Camila's parents. The smaller girl having just already found out that she is most likely attracted to girls and not as much to guys but not having to mention it to her parents just yet. The reaction and possible outcomes are drawing Lauren's mind to different conclusions once they finally get to meet.

Last night's dinner event with the whole Jauregui family went smoothly, the fact that both Lauren and Camila received pouring supports from both of Lauren's parents and her siblings and the fact that the entire family welcomed Camila warmly into their arms. The idea of them two being formally in a relationship and will now basically have both sides to agree on them and technically give the duo their parents' blessing upon their relationship, makes Lauren a lot more optimistic about her future with her girlfriend.

During the dinner last night, Camila was asked one particular question; what would you do if Lauren gets accepted to a school where she would have to move States? At first Camila was hesitant to answer the question, scared and nervous to speak her mind out loud in front of other people, other than Lauren herself but soon she replied, she replied with something that Lauren did not expect.

"I guess I'd have to move with her to wherever she's happy. She my world right now and whenever I'm with her I feel safe, I feel protected, I feel happy, even without a single word exchanged between us two, I know for a fact that she too will do the same if she would be put in that situation. Yes I do know that we have only been official for a couple of days but I know deep down in my heart that I would be spending the rest of my life with her and only Lauren herself."

Camila spoke from the bottom of her heart and Lauren knows that for a fact, she knows that the girl who sat next to her last night and the girl that she asked to be her girlfriend is the one for her and she would be spending the rest of her life with her, building their own little family together, living a life that they both would be happy living in.

Lauren shuffled around on her bed that morning, not wanting to leave the warmth and the comfort of it behind but thinking about the amount of time she will need to spare jut in case Camila calls in the early hours of that day. Even if it was against her will, Lauren forcefully removed the duvet that comfortably draped over her body and then stretched her limbs out, letting them hung loosely on the edge of the bed.

Lauren got up and walked over to her closet to grab her clothes for the day, grabbing her denim shorts and her plain black singlet. She then plugged her iPod in her docking system, blasting out State Champ's If I'm Lucky, echoing in her bedroom. She then happily sings along to the song, thinking about Camila the entire time.The lyrics reflecting her emotions towards the smaller girl;

I'm just trying to find my place in this world
And I know it's not so right to feel this way about a girl
But if you stay or if you go I'm right there with you

She feels her spine tingles as the lyrics of the song hit her slowly. Lauren right now is more than thankful and grateful that she has found Camila.

Lauren walked out of her bedroom and made her way over to the bathroom, as she slowly hears the sound of her chosen music gets fainter and fainter until it all became silent once more. She got ready, brushing her teeth, washing her face and getting in the shower before making her way back to her bedroom to get dressed. Lauren shuts the bedroom door as she returns from her trip to the bathroom to get herself some privacy whilst she gets ready. As she wriggles in her denim shorts, Lauren's phone then vibrates violently on her bed. She quickly throws the towel that covered her body on the floor, leaving her in her bra and her unbuttoned denim shorts and her damp hair scattered all over her face, she picks up the phone and answers it without looking at the caller I.D.