XXIII

There was still no known changes in Lauren condition and it has been a month since the accident happened. The anticipation and waiting game that the family has to play each day is now weighing heavily on their shoulders. Camila have been trying to hide her emotions from everyone although she's not completely shutting everyone out, they know that Camila has been suffering. The smaller girl have been visiting Lauren on a daily basis, talking to her girlfriend and spending time with the lifeless body at the hospital in the privacy of Lauren's hospital room.

Today Camila didn't want to go elsewhere except to be by Lauren's side, talking and spending time with her the whole day. She's also joined in with the other girls in the room whilst Clara and Mike spend some needed quality time with their other children.

"We're settled with Lauren and Camila being the godmothers right?" Dinah asked Ally who sat across Lauren's bed.

"I guess so but didn't we have the baby shower last week why worry about that now?" Ally asked.

"Umm because I wanted to see whether or not you have a position for me..." Dinah trailed off.

"Well you can be the cool auntie while Normani does the complete opposite of that." Ally teased.

"Excuse me but I want to be that fabulous and cool auntie thank you very much." Normani quirked up an eyebrow at Ally.

"Here's an idea!" Camila exclaimed. "Why not all of us be the cool, fabulous and lesbian godmothers." Camila referred to the three of them, pointing at Dinah, Normani and then herself.

"She has a point though." Dinah agreed and looked at Ally.

"I'll think about it." Ally waved her hand dismissively, wanting to leave the conversation where it is.

A few minutes later, Troy appeared from the big door with bags of food for the girls.

"You know I have gotten so used to the environment here that I feel like I won't be that nervous by the time you give birth." He stated once he walked inside the room, placing the bags on the table.

"Isn't that a good thing?" Camila asked. "I mean for you not for her." She then added and looked at Troy who's shrugging his shoulders at Camila.

"Let's not forget who's the one who will be going through the pain of trying to get this baby out." Ally chuckled and grabbed the food containers out of the bag to place them out on the table.

"Why do you always look at the negative side of this whole thing?" Dinah asked and grabbed the container of the food that she asked Troy to get.

"I guess I'm just scared that's all." Ally stated simply.

"Think about it Dinah, I think it is quite scary to just go through giving life to another human being." Camila agreed.

"Point taken." Dinah agreed.

They all devoured on the food and left the conversation where it is. The assembled group chatted away throughout the entire lunch time before both Ally and Troy left to spend some time together.

Normani decided that she will take Dinah out to go shopping for now to leave Camila with Lauren for a longer time than usual.

"What time are you guys coming back?" Camila asked, lifting her gaze up from her phone.

"In an hour or so." Normani stated simply.

"Do you want me to grab some thing for you?" Dinah asked, standing up from her seat to follow Normani's lead.

"Nah, I'm all good." Camila smiled.

"Alright, well suit yourself with... whatever..." Dinah dismissed and walked out of the room.