XV

The very first thing that Lauren looked forward to that morning is the thought about having to receive a text message from Camila, her now so called girlfriend. The taller girl now have something exciting to look forward to every morning, every day, the fact that the girl of her dreams is finally hers and only hers. Lauren having already filled her friends in with the great news she came home with that night, them already happy and proud that their friend finally has someone to share her memories and adventures with, that they can finally say that Lauren is in a happy and safe place with Camila by her side.

Lauren shuffles around her bed and grabbed her phone which was left stationary on her bedside table. Lauren then unlocks her phone and immediately opened Camila's text message.

Hey babe,
First of all, I really am sorry if this woke you up. I know it's 5 in the morning but all I could think about is you and spending time with you. Just you is good enough for me.

But on the other hand, it feels so great that I can finally call you that now, I mean I would've called you that since we started hanging out but it would've been really weird and awkward for the both of us.

Anyway, hope you have a great day, babe. Can't wait to see you some time today.

Ps, you're mine now. All mine.

- C xo

Lauren's face beamed out a bright smile from reading her girlfriend's early text message, the smaller girl sounded like she did not get any proper sleep last night. Lauren quickly sends a text message back, informing Camila when she will come around to her house and that she should at least try and get some sleep first before they started doing activities together.

Then she starts getting ready for the day, preparing herself for what looks like a crazy day for her and for her friends.

As Lauren emerges from the dividing wall between the dining area and the hallway, Lauren could see her family having already started eating their meals, talking animatedly. Lauren approaches the table and seated where her plate is already full with toasts, bacon and eggs.

"Good morning Lauren." Mike greeted his daughter.

"Morning dad, mum and younger siblings." Lauren greeted back with a playful tone.

"Okay that sounds really weird..." Taylor quirked up an eyebrow at her older sister. "You're making me feel uncomfortable."

"Uhuh... I agree to that one." Chris raised his hand and laughed lightly at Lauren's chosen way of greeting her family.

"But on the other hand..." Clara interrupted, "how was it?" She turned her attention over to her eldest child, who sat beside her.

"Good." Lauren replied bluntly, not wanting to give out anymore information to her family just yet.

"That's it?" Taylor asked, surprised at Lauren's chosen adjective.

"Wait. What's going on?" Chris asked, lost in between the conversation the rest of his family is having.

"Your sister had a date last night and all she got to say from it is 'good'." Mike summarised the conversation so that his son could keep up.

"You guys didn't even kiss or anything?" Taylor pressed on and Lauren nearly choked on her orange juice.

"Why do you even ask these questions?" Lauren asked her sister, still shocked that she would want the answer to be said out loud in front of their parents.

"What? Are you even serious right now?" Taylor asked, as if Lauren should know the answer already. "I mean you're old enough and were practically allowed to have a relationship since the start of high school and now that you've graduated and met Camila who possibly became your official girlfriend, you don't want to share your happiness with your family?" Taylor elaborated.