Glass

Thank you for 800 reads!!!

How was school, asshole?" Gwen spoke as I heard her footsteps coming behind me from afar. I jolted at her hands suddenly hitting my shoulders.

"Meh, it was okay. You?" I asked, coming up on our houses parking lot. "Well, Dixie and Susie were talking about devils tango- wait, no, tengo!"

Immediate shock ran through me, causing my eyes to widen enormously. "What?!" I yelled, processing everything.

"Yea, they were talking about someone having "devils tengo" with Vance, but I don't know what it is."

I was seriously trying not to laugh. "Gwen, tell them not to talk about that." I muttered out, trying to keep it inside. With that, she shrugged, and walked to her room.

Dad was on the couch, holding a bottle of whiskey. When was he not?

"Hey, dad!" I exclaimed gleefully, trying to keep him in a good mood. He looked up slowly, quietly responding, "hey."

I was silent for a few seconds, but quickly moved on. "So, I was wondering if I could go to a drive in tonight with my frie-"

"WILL THERE BE DRINKS THERE?" He yelled instantly, jumping out of his chair. I backed away quickly, holding my hands out.

"No! Uh, we're just watching movies in a parking lot, dad!" I tried to plead, but he had already made up his mind.

"NO, YOU LIAR!" He hollered, starting to unbuckle his belt.

Skip over this part if you don like violence/blood/abuse.

"Dad, no! It won't have drinks, I promise!" I begged, pleading as he took it off.

"You. Don't lie to your father!" He yelled , striking me in the ribs. I fell to the floor in sudden agony and pain.

I held my ribs, before feeling a new sensation of pain in my spine. I yelped hitting my head on the floor. Gwen ran in the room, prancing into dad. "DAD! GET OFF OF HIM, YOU MONSTER. He caught her shoulder and pushed her down, causing her to fall into the glass coffee table.

The glass shattered everywhere, and I heard a sudden shriek of agony from Gwen.

She looked fine, maybe a couple of scratches from the glass, but the I saw her head. Blood was flowing down her cheek, but she wasn't paying any attention to that.

Her eyes were wide. She was staring, at my chest. My dad was, too. His eyes widened slightly, before he rushed to my side. I looked down, seeing a huge glass shard piercing into the skin around my rib cage. The adrenaline rush had caused me not to feel it, but the pain was starting to soak in. I winced in pain, before feeling my head fall to the ground in a loud; "thump."

Violence is over<3