40 days

I think I fell asleep. All I know is I woke up on the floor, getting draped by a dirty sock.I sat up in confusion, teaming and stretching my arms up in the air. "Morning, princess." I heard someone say. I looked over to where the sound had came from, and saw that menace. I rolled my eyes at his smirking face, lifting the dirty sock from off my chest.

"Here's your sock back, bastard." I glared, walking to my closet to get some new pants. "Why thank you, fag." He answered, snickering. I rolled my eyes cooly, walking to the bathroom to change.
-
-
I went downstairs to help with dinner, when my dad told me the news. "So, robin is going to be staying her for 40 days while ms. Arellano finds a new house. It'll be much easier on her with two less mouths to feed, and all those problems." I stared at him blankly, deciding if I wanted to take the risk of complaining. I didn't want to take that risk.

"Okay, that's cool." I stated, stirring around the food. He walked away slowly, sitting down at the table. "Robin, dinners done!" I yelled, putting on mittens before getting the food out of the oven.

He walked down a couple minutes later, smiling at im his phone. "What're you smiling at, rob?" I asked, smirking. He rolled his eyes quickly, careful not to let my parents see. "Oh, umm, just Caleb!" He muttered, smiling sheepishly.

"Oh yea, Caleb! Your brother, right? When is he coming?" I questioned, resting my face to the palm of my hand. He scowled at me, knowing what I was doing. "Uh, in like, 2 days, he's scared to leave home." He answered, sitting down on the other side of me. My dad sat down the food, interrupting our conversation.

"I'm glad you boys are getting along, but I'm starving!" He exclaimed, putting on that fake smile. I smiled weakly, and Robin pleaded, "oh yes, thank you for cooking Mr Blake!"

He could be so fake sometimes.

I started to dig in, loving the flavor. My dad rarely cooked, but when he did, it was amazing. Maybe this could be a benefit of Robin staying with us. I was so deep into thought about the food, I didn't realize the awkward silence of the table besides my slurps and chews.

"..."

Suddenly, I felt a deep pain in my groin. My eyes went wide, and I dropped my fork unsteadily. I held my side in a blurred pain, watching as Robin sat smiling. Had he kicked me? I heard my dad ask if I was okay, but there was too much ringing in my ears. It hurt, really bad.

But I heard robins voice clearly. "Finney, are you okay?" That bastard. He had the audacity to ask this when he was the one who did this to me. "..no." I managed, squeezing my leg in pain. "Well, what's wrong," He questioned, smirking. I glared at him. "I think I hit my leg." I said, grinning. "Oww! Robin, can you carry me into the bathroom and help me bandage? I can't do it right!"

I knew I got him, he scowled at me, pure hatred in his eyes.

"My pleasure."