forty four| taking chances pt 1

Start from the beginning

The entire foyer was decorated with multicolored balloons, candles, rose petals and huge bouquets of roses, which Tremaine paid a nice chunk of change to a event planner friend of a friend's to do for him in such a short amount of time.

"Like it?" He inquired looking over at her astonished face

"Like it?" He inquired looking over at her astonished face. Continuing to record her he laughed at her silence. Tremaine stuck his hand out, waving it infront of her face. "Hey? Yo, you a'ight in there? Say something, Stevie, I've never heard you this damn quiet. Whew, this is... Scary," He ended the video and tucked his phone away in his pocket.

"Stev--"

"Tremaine, this ..." She looked over at him, cupping his chin, she leaned over kissing his lips repeatedly. "It's.. alot, wow," She broke away from him and continued down the hallway.

"Is something wrong, Stevie? I just thought you'd like this. Is it because they're red? I know you like pink roses, but I couldn't get any with this being last minute--" He explained as he rubbed his sweaty palms together. He'd been nervous the entire ride over, hoping and praying everything turned out nicely for Stevie.

"No," Stopping a few steps away from him, she stood with her back to him. "You... You did all of this for me?" Tremaine noticed the shift of energy suddenly. Though it wasn't bad, it wasn't jovial either.

"Yeah, I did, Stevie, I did all of this for you ma. If something's wrong, Stevie tell me now, because...." He started walking towards where she stood.

Slowly she turned around to face him. Her head aimed down at her feet for a moment, sniffing lightly to herself. Stevie then lifted her head to look at him.

He watched a few tears drop down her cheeks. Exhaling she opened her mouth to speak. "I... Um this is beautiful, Tremaine, I've never had anyone do anything like this for me. Not like this, it's beautiful, I don't deserve all of this Tremaine, I,"

"Hey," He shook his head as he moved to join her. "Yes the fuck you do, mama, you deserve this and so much fuckin' more Stevie, Stevie? A woman like you, hey, hey, look at me," He reached out placing his hands under her ears. Forcing her to maintain direct eye contact.

"Stevie Calhoun, if you understood I..hmm..." Sighing he rested his forehead against hers causing their noses to touch.

"Stevie I will give you anything on this earth that you want, all you have to do is tell me, and trust me, baby, even when you don't want to. I could give you the world and so much more if you weren't afraid of having it that easy,"

"You don't understand," She whispered.

"Understand what, Stevie? Talk to me, tell me, baby. What don't I understand? Huh? Talk to me, Stevie,"

Sniffling tears away she studied his eyes.  "I want to be loved, and love, I want to indulge in the beautiful experience that love can be, but, there's a part of me who's scared, because Stevie always has Stevie, no matter what happens,"

Tremaine dropped his hands from her face. Stepping back a inch, he turned and leaned over pulling one rose up from the bouquet next to where they stood. "Give me a chance to show Stevie that I can have her too, please, just trust me," He offered her the rose.

A few seconds go by as Stevie stares at the single red rose. Shifting her eyes at Tremaine, her lips slowly pulled into a soft smile. "You get one chance, I don't play about me," She reached out snatching the rose from his hand.
"You fuck up, Tremaine? You're going to--"

"-- Stevie? Shut up and gimmie a kiss," He told her grabbing her hand to pulling her closer to him.

"Ask nicely,"

Smiling at one another Tremaine moved in first, gently laying his lips against Stevie awaiting ones.

Sperating from their kiss after a minute, Tremaine rested his head against Stevie's forehead. Crinkling his nose against hers, the two share a small smile at another other. "C'mon you gotta see the rest of the surprise,"

"There's more?" Stevie asked. "I thought this was it, Tremaine!" She shrieked when she snatched her up over his shoulder.

"Tremaine put me down!" She laughed as she slapped his back.

Holding the back of her thighs with his left hand. He used his right to squeeze her butt. "No more locked doors, Gracias!" He laughed as he headed for the staircase.

"Ah! Oh my God! Tremaine!" She gripped his suit jacket laughing as her body juttered from his stomping heavily up each step.
_______________________________________

Update 🥹❤️ ... I almost wrote this differently. And I'm glad I changed it! Hope you guys enjoyed it!