Holt and Kevin being father figures to Jake

TW: Unsuportave parent (Transphobia)

        Dark thoughts

I am not a mental health professional, but I know from experience that stuff happens and like can suck, so if you don't think that reading this is gonna be ok because of the trigger warnings please don't. 

- Kevin & Holt

- Transguy Jake

Jake POV

Jake ran out of his mother's home, not caring that it was raining. He slammed the door, yelling a swear over his shoulder. He didn't know what to do. The water falling from the sky quickly soaked his clothes and the breeze made him shiver. Ever since he'd come out, in eleventh grade, his mum had been unreasonable and Jake hadn't talked to her for his senior year  and beyond. When she'd reached out to spend Christmas with him Jake had agreed and explained that he'd transitioned and went by Jake. But from the moment he'd opened the door he'd only been yelled at at criticised. The deadnaming, the misgendering, Jake couldn't stand it. He had no idea where to go, he'd rented his own apartment out for the hollidays for the extra money. Jake tore his hands through his hair and yelled in frustration at the sky. He thought about ending the pain, he was a cop and knew how to disappear, but quickly pushed the thoughts away.

Holt  POV

Holt reached across the table to hold Kevins hand and gave a very Holt-like "smile". The doorbell rang just as the two were about to start eating their Christmas dinner and Raymond got up to answere it. When he opened the door he certainly didn't expect to see Jake, but what really suprissed him was his soaked appearance and the tears falling from his bloodshot eyes.

"Jake?"

"I'm so sorry to interupt your holiday, sir... I just..." he started sniffling and his words came out a choked sob. "I didn't know where else... where else to go." Kevin had come to see what was happening at the door by that time and quickly left to grab a towel.

"Jake... I thought that you were having dinner with your mother, did something happen?" Holt was surprisingly gentle and lead Jake inside to an armchair.

"I- I..." Jake wiped his eyes with his sleeve, and said thankyou as Kevin warped him in a towel. "Theres something I haven't told you. I'm, well, I'm trans." He stared at the floor. "My mom... she hadn't seen me since I graduated high school and I've changed a lot since then. I came out in grade eleven but she's still..." he sighed and looked up at Holt and Kevin. I told her in advance that I'd look different but she kept deadnaming and misgendering me in spite of it." Kevin placed a hand on Jake's shoulder and gave him a sad, knowing look.

"I'm glad you came here, Jake," he said softly.

"Yes, as am I. Your mother does not deserve you if she has done all that." Holt looked him in the eyes and then envelopped him in an uncharacteristic hug. "Jake, I will always be here for you and I promise you this changes nothing. Kevin, I can assume feels the same way." Holt glanced at his husband for confirmation and Kevin nodded. "You deserve better. You are welcome to stay here as long as you need and have dinner with us, we have plenty."

Jake nodded and sniffed again. "Thank you," he nodded in thought, "that really means a lot."

Always remember when life feels like crap and you dont wanna care anymore that I care for you -even if I dont know who you are- because you matter. Please get help if you need it and remember to drink water and eat, plus take any medication you need to take. ❤

Trans people are valid

Gay people deserve love

Bi, pan and other multi-orientational identities exist

Nonbinary people are human

Black lives do matter

-Stormy he/they/it <3