Trans Jake no. 2

THIS IS A ONESHOT BOOK- THIS IS ITS OWN STORY AND IS NOT WRITTEN TO BE A CHAPTER FOLLOWING ON FROM THE LAST STORY

Jake walked into the precinct, his eyes staring at the floor. His whole body hurt from binding every day, but that would change soon. So why couldn't he be happy? His anxiety was killing him. Holt cared about him, and he of all people would understand. But that didn't change the fact that jakes breathing had just become a whole lot shallower.

"Captain, I need to speak with you about something," Jake said,  approaching Holt.

His captain raised an eyebrow slightly and beckoned him into his office. "Peralta," he said when he'd closed the door. "Please, take a seat."

Jake hurriedly closed the blinds and glanced around nervously, "Um, yes- chairs. I'm sitting, I mean, i am a-sitting-uh-down." He sat. Holt was confused, Jake was acting weirder than usual.

"Jake," he looked up when the captain addressed him by his first name. "Are you alright?" Jake rubbed his shoulder, trying to comfort his sore bones. Then he laughed, which was a mistake since it sent a jolt of pain through his torso.

"I need some... some time off." Jake bounced his knee nervously, unsure how the conversation would go down. Of course, Holt was gay but he had never mentioned trans people before and so Jake didn't know his stance on things.

"I see," Holt, as usual, displayed no emotion, but his eyes seemed darker and more worried. "And what is this for? You have 2 weeks already saved up in leave, why could you possibly need more?" This was it, the moment it all could fall apart.

"I need the time off for, um," Jake looked at the wall to his left, unable to meet Holt eyes. "Surgery. I need the time off for surgery."

"Is it anything serious?" Holt really looked concerned now. Jake stood up and tore his hands through his hair. His eyes were welling up now.

"I'm trans."

"Jake... I..." 

Jake frantically glanced around the room and the walls suddenly felt like they were closing in. He felt his hands shaking but he still covered his face with them. He couldn't breathe, and the binder wasn't helping. Suddenly he was enveloped by stong arms closing around him and he took his hands away from his face, not realising that tears and snot were dripping from his face. He sniffed and started hyperventilating again. Holt cooed gently and cradled jakes head in the hug. 

"Jake, i am so sorry that you felt this stressed about sharing this with me." Holt squeezed him gently before letting go and pulling away from the hug. "I would have given you the time off anyway, even without you having this... reaction. I am so proud of you, okay?"

Jake removed his hands from his face and nodded, still breathing shakily.

"Just so I am correct in my thinking- you use he/him pronouns and Jake?" He placed his hand on Jake's shoulder, supportively.

"Yep."

"Great, and how much time do you need off?"

Jake rubbed his eyes and wiped his face on his sleeve, "Around six weeks, sir."

Holt nodded thoughtfully and then gestured to the sofa, "You may stay here a little while longer to get your breath back, if you wish." He then went back to his desk. Jake nodded and sat down on the piece of furniture, thankful that his captain was so supportive.