19

Holy shit was medic bored, wandering for the past god knows how long, he had been so uncharacteristically calm...He had bursts of anger but it was met with minimal resistance...And he dropped his anger real quick.

It just didn't feel the same anymore, after the work at Tallon, he had become so soft...

To be honest, the entire new world had made him soft, he wanted to master science, to push everything forward, and re-introduce amazing inventions...

But his high and ended, he no longer felt the need to do anything more than basics. Lounging around in his room and reading up the occasion books or playing with Archimedes.

His fighting team would usually be there to push him, make him work because who else would? They would commit the dumbest stuff and medic was the only one to help them.

Now they were gone, he no longer had anywhere to put his knowledge.

But now with semi-competent staff who knew what they were doing, he didn't find the need to do anything.

One night, he had been messaged by a previous employer.

He always kept past employee and employer numbers, who knew if he would need some advice or a place to crash, so when one had actually texted him instead of the other way round, he was definitely surprised

"We have been in dire need of your servers for the past 3 missions, Moira has been antsy to find someone as deranged as her and she would like to request your presents again at Tallon. If you would be so kind as to start as soon as you're available, I will happily let you in"

Someone actually wanted him back??

And it was the people who he also found a place home with?!

A smile slowly rose from his lips, a once gloomy healer was now pumped, is this what he had been missing? A push by a medical personnel that was just as creative and willing to go haywire as he was?

He wasn't going to pass the opportunity up, it was an amazing chance to get to stick with people similar to him.

-Archimedes! We are back in business!

<time skip>

Happily walking through the town, he passes a familiar shop, nothing much had changed over a couple months but there were slight differences.

Soon enough he ends up at the front doors, and with a bright smile, he claimed up the steps and knocks on the door.

The bag he held had been placed on the floor and after a couple seconds, the pet bird caught up with medic, soon enough flying up to medics' shoulder, nuzzling into the crook of medics' neck in comfort.

Eventually, the doors opened with a frantic woosh and a very familiar face

-medic!!!
-Moira my dear!

As the two embrace in a tight hug the small bird flaps off medics' shoulder for a second, not wanting to be crushed as the second tick by. the two let go of one another and Moira almost drags the poor doctor by the collar into the building

-it has been so dull without you, we need a mission and I don't want to waste any time preparing!
-let me meet the others, I will be at your office in 1 hour alright?
-Oh, yes, can't wait to work with you again

As the girl almost vanishes, the medic lets out a quick breath. It was defiantly nice being back in a nice place but was Moira one, active woman...He may be happy to be back, but let's hope she calms down a bit.

After dragging his stuff to the room he stayed in so long ago, medic quickly wanders over to reapers office, his hands by his side and a steady rhythm emanating from the floor as ripples of sound make a wave in the hallway.