9

As medic slowly came too in their new house, he was met with loud rustling and even some stuff falling onto the carpeted floor.

Squinting, he quickly gets up and looks around, seeing heavy packing a suitcase and looking around for anything else.

-heavy, what's wrong?
-heavy is leaving.

As the small dove in the corner of the room was woken by the rustling too, he flies over to medic to smuggle into his pillow completely unaware of the conflict between the iconic duo.

-...where?
- to Russia. I am going back to motherland and staying.
-oh.

As medic looks down to come to terms with this, the shuffling stops for a second.

- does doctor not want heavy to leave?
- well no but-
-heavy, medic! Breakfast is ready.
-coming.

Heavy drops what he is holding into the bag and heads down for food, leaving medic to fall back onto the bed and look up to the ceiling...not realizing he almost crutches his pet.

-*coooo*
-sorry Archimedes.

There is a moment of silence as he looks back on all the moments he had saved heavy and moments heavy had saved him...every backstab and hunch of a spy instead of his beloved friend.

It was a miracle he wasn't in love but when heavy had said he was...it was quite the punch to the gut.

Sighing, he gets up...maybe it's worth grabbing food..it will take his mind off...everything.

Heading downstairs, the team all chatted. Just grabbing their food and heading off to wherever they need to be.

Heavy talks with spy and Engi about his plans to leave by tomorrow night, the two fall silent and spy even smiles to congratulate him, making medic feel slightly angry of someone on his team almost encouraging his coworker to leave.

The small group of 3 talk about something, soon steering away from the fact heavy is leaving.

Others talk about new friends and scout goes on about how he made friends with some people at the store he worked at.

The day goes on normally, spy leaves. Engi and pyro get stuck in their own room, soldier carries on watching shows.

Medic somehow feels empty through the day tho, he knows he still has a day with heavy but his voice is stuck in his throat, like he wants to say something but just can't.

What is this...why does he feel bad about a team member finally getting up and leaving to do what he wants...

Shaking it off, he looks at the page... deciding it's better to focus on what's in front of him and actually important.

The time comes quickly, the sun sets and heavy had 2 days to pack his stuff...soon dropping his stuff by the front door and staying with his team for presumably the last time.

Silent tears are shed and happy memory recounted...

An almost depressive feeling floats in the air, suffocating all and making them thank the years of memory created during hard times, the many times he had saved everyone

By next day, he is gone.

The room feel empty with no heavy...with no direct site to a huge DPS who could kill anything in seconds...his "test subject"

But for now, he needs to move on. The others will leave soon too and he has to be ready...

2 weeks pass and finally, the next member of the team finally stood up and notified there leave.