His sleep was more peaceful and fulfilling...making him want to sleep more and giving him a sense of sluggishness, it's defiantly better than waking up hungover and not being able to express that he needed the medics hangover fixer Juice, but it defiantly wasn't as ideal as his after drinking clarity.

He had been on the rocks about going back to drinking or not...he had already tasted the fresh air to know he wanted more, not the constant pain of hangovers and smashed bottles but he also didn't want to feel like he could fall asleep at any moment...

Not like he could, some things needed full attention which he was more willing to give but something like just walking down the street for his work had ended with him almost sleepwalking to work, waking when he was ready to enter the cafe and start his shift.

Today didn't look like it would end like that, but he was dam near close to falling asleep out on the street.

Entering the cafe, he pulls the same smile he always had, greeting the others in the small building and saying hi to the people behind the counter.

Finally getting ready, he walks out and starts his shift, taking orders, registering and giving them over to people at tables or takeaway if need be

The day itself was fairly slow, but he didn't mind, a lot of his friends were here, the occasional time someone spoke out about something, the entire staff would get in on it in hopes of starting chats and filling in the almost dead silents that were wavering with the slow music in the background.

He was the only guy along with another but the other was so gay, he had a more feminine look...

He didn't fit that well...but enough to keep his social status above "guy who came in to fill the time"

He did sometimes try to make talk and actually suggest what guy's problems equated too but they never ended well bc he didn't know...he was gone for 100 years, the others didn't know that but his reasoning was really old-school.

He did eventually become a small part of his works staff team but it was enough to not get thrown under the bus out of panic or something.

Calling Engi up during lunch, he happily listened and talked with the mechanic. His loving words brought light to an almost pitch-black room in his mind

the engineer had been running low. On will and experiments. No one had taken him yet and he was to stay here longer until someone picked him up or he would die of boredom.

But like always, the demo stayed by his side...even if it was through a screen.

After quite some time, sitting and chatting, another staff member had come out to smoke and demo hadn't spotted them.

Sitting and talking to Engi like a friend would with great care, the idle chatter had filled in the silence while the girl smoked.

By the end, the girl had finally finished and tapped demos shoulder, telling him to come back inside.

-it's gotten a lot busier lately.
- Ok, be right there. Sorry Engi. I need to go
-no problem. Have fun

Turning the phone off, demo stands up and heads in with the girl.

-you two seem close.
- he is a dear friend of mine...I work so far from home I usually get home late.
-there is a bar down the road you know. It's in dire need of staff lately. A lot of fighters have been returning home from the recent omic crises and have been drinking their sorrows away.
-really?
- Yea
- Ok...I will keep that in mind.

The rest of the day was slightly faster than the mornings.

Many had been coming for their mid-day caffeine high and so the staff had to speed up a bit. Soon enough tho, the last person had been given their drink and it was time for closing.