...this time, it was pyro.

Over the year, he had gotten homesick...if you could call it that. He wanted to be back home with the familiar walls and back to the past where he had lived for so much of his life, voluntarily forgetting his past to be with the people he trusted most.

He had more of a connection to materials than people, more connection to the sentry and dispensers than Engi myself...but still seeing Engi as almost a friend he would never want to leave.

Engi had been waiting for the moment pyro would up and leave...he had known the firebug would want home and just expected his bodyguard to leave.

But when that time did come, he felt almost betrayed...

Pyro was like his double, a helper who would do anything to keep Engis nest alive during the harder times when he had been under attack by the same spy that could almost duplicate at times

Now he was left alone in the small room the two had shared.

No more soft crackling of fire or "hudas" during the night.

When pyro had asked sniper for a trip back to the base, sniper was reluctant at first...but soon gave in, seeing this as the last time he would see the small fire spreader and say his last goodbyes.

No one else wanted to follow through as "home" was a sensitive topic, but when the day finally came. Pyro and sniper were nowhere to be seen during the day...they had left as planned

The once loud living room with both soldier and pyro had been silenced...only the occasional shouts from solder when something in the show didn't go as planned.

Once sniper and pyro pulled up to the building by almost midday, pyro had hugged the living hell out of sniper.

An unlikely friendship had been made that moment...the moment sniper had realized pyro's small world was in fact his world...something he would cherish...including the fantom people inside.

Including him

Hugging back, they spend a couple of seconds just embracing one another...coming to terms that this might truly be the last time the two would see each other.

When they finally let go, pyro waves goodbye and takes his stuff back to the base.

Back to his old room and back to their familiar spots across walls and on tables

When he comes out to say goodbye to sniper one last time...he is met with nothingness...

The silence of the desert fills him with slight sadness but also giddiness...he can finally create fire with no consequences....with no limit...with no administrator

Having put up his specialities, he was waiting ages for someone to pick him up and recruit him...turns out it only took 5 days.

Now he had a spot with some company in a different country and one that needed a medical professional to help create new tech.

He wasn't a techie person but his role was medical in nature anyway...so he wasn't going to be getting into territory he didn't know, sighing in relief when he read that

But finally, medic too started packing his stuff getting suitcases stacked and planning the trip to the location where he was needed.

He had refrained from telling the others but once he was caught packing by day 2 by scout...he knew he was done for.

-..wha...what's happening doc?
-I have gotten a contract...I am going to be off to fill out the request of people like before.
-but...
-I am sorry scout...I just want to get back to my old ways...I want to keep my memory fresh.
-...alright