Chapter 39

*Jake’s POV*

*Seven years later*

And I'm back here Again. This place is like a magnet to me, I always end up here. This park, this bench, that ice cream shop, everything reminds me of... Ella. I miss her so much.

I slowly go towards the bench and remember everything that has happened to us. Every problem we went through, every difficulty we faced, when she was with me. I miss that time so much.

I sat down on the bench and looked at the trees. When winter comes, trees lose leaves, but they don't lose hope that in spring they'll have new ones again. I can say that same thing happened to me.

-         Kitty!

I looked back and saw her. My dearest girl. I haven't seen her for so long, I missed her so much. I get up and open my arms for her.

-         Emily! Come here baby.

She literally runs to me and hugs me like there's no tomorrow.

-         I missed you so much. Don't leave me again, please.

-         I won't, I promise.

I kiss her on the forehead and hug her even tight. I remember how Ella loved to hug me like this too.

Every time I think about Ella, I remember that terrifying day, her in my fathers arms with a gun pointed to her head and I stood there unable to do anything. Every time I close my eyes I see her scared eyes asking me to save her.

*Flashback*
*Seven years ago*

-         Say your final goodbye Jacob.

I was waiting for Alan’s men to finally show up. I had to waste Nathan’s time so he wouldn’t be able to run away with my Ella. Thankfully at the last moment I saw the back door behind Nathan open and Alan came though it silently while aiming his gun at Nathan. I did my best not to smile and let Nathan know that something was not right for him.

I looked Ella in her eyes and smiled at her.

-         Ella, do you trust me?

She looked at me with teary eyes and nodded her head.

-         Always and forever, Bluey.

She closed her eyes and waited. Before Nathan could even realize what was going on Alan shot him right in his head from behind. He let go of Ella and fell down on the floor.

Ella didn’t move at all. It was like she was frozen in place. I ran to her and put her face in my hands.

-         Ella, look at me. Open your beautiful eyes and look at me please.

She started crying and slowly opened her eyes. As soon as her eyes met mine I smiled at her and kissed her on the forehead.

-         It’s alright Ella, you’re safe now. You’re safe.

I hugged her tight. It took her a few minutes to get over the shock and hug me back. Then she tried to pull away from the hug and look behind her but of course I didn’t let her do that.

-         No, Ella. Don’t.

-         So He’s-

-         It’s alright, we are safe now.

-         But-

-         Don’t worry about it. Let’s get out of here now.

I put my arm around her shoulder and without letting her look back I took her out of that house.