Chapter 21

*Ella’s POV*

Seven months later

Today is the big day. Jake and I are getting married. We waited for a few months until the situation cooled down. Joseph still isn’t arrested but he hasn’t done anything to us. Few days after proposal Jake and Alan left Duskwood and when they returned Jake already was a free man. As Alan thought they gave Jake a chance to start a new life and Jake of course, agreed. At first we wanted to wait for Joseph's arrest but then realized that we were wasting our happiness because of Joseph.

So here I am. Standing in front of the mirror while wearing my wedding dress. I looked at myself in the mirror. I was so different from everyday... It was a great dress, Lilly, Jessy and Hannah helped me choose it. Recent tweaks made it fit every inch. Very simple, I didn't want anything extravagant. It had long sleeves, decorated with elaborate lace. It held my slender body and stretched from my hips to the sides, all the way to the ground. If it weren't for the sky-high heels, I would probably have stepped on it before entering the church. I had to focus and calm down. I pushed my hand back my hair, which was flowing smoothly down my shoulders and there was a beautiful comb in my hair, decorated with tiny flowers - a gift from Jake's mom.

 I pushed my hand back my hair, which was flowing smoothly down my shoulders and there was a beautiful comb in my hair, decorated with tiny flowers - a gift from Jake's mom

 Just then Lilly came in the room and handed me a bouquet - several white callas tied with a white ribbon

Just then Lilly came in the room and handed me a bouquet - several white callas tied with a white ribbon. The whole thing was great, and I was hoping my Bluey would be delighted.

-         Look at our beautiful bride. Ella, you look amazing!

-         Thanks Lilly.

-         I have a beautiful sister-in-law!

-         Okay, okay. I got it.

We both laughed. She came to me and hugged me.

-         Don’t worry, everything will be alright.

-         I know… Sometimes I think that there’s nothing to worry about but I’m still scared. I… I overthink too much. What if it doesn’t work out?

-         Ella, you love Jake and Jake loves you. You two went through a lot together and right now you’re about to get married to him. You’re meant for each other. I promise you everything will be amazing!