Chapter 35

*Jake’s POV*

I was beyond confused. My father couldn’t get away with what he did, but I didn’t know what to do. I knew he wouldn’t stop trying to reach his goal and I couldn’t let him do something to Ella again. Now that she is with me I will protect her no matter what.

It was hard for me to leave Ella after finally finding her again but I have to make sure we’re safe. I can’t lose her again. The fact that Ella was with Daniel calmed me down. He’s the only person I trust and I know he will take good care of Ella if something happens to me. Truth to be told, I won't let anything happen to me. I have my Ella back and I will do anything to be with her my whole life.

I still can’t believe all of this is real. I’m slowly realizing that my Ella is actually back. That it isn’t another dream and that I’ll never let her go anymore. If for the past few days I only lived for taking revenge on Joseph, now I only live to protect Ella from every danger we’ll ever be in. It’s my responsibility to take care of my wife.

But I can’t do anything to Nathan alone. I need help and that’s why I am going to the person who was fighting against all this Mafia stuff for years now. who’s more experienced in catching criminals than I am. Who has men who’ll help him. Chief of Duskwood Police department – Alan bloomgate.

Believe it or not, the relationship between me and Alan somehow improved in the past months and I’m sure he’ll be more than happy to find out the identity of King.

I can’t show myself in the police department because being dead is helping me at the moment. So I sent a message to Alan to meet me in the café in front of the police. I have no idea how he’ll react when he sees me, but time will show us I guess.

He is supposed to meet me in 5 minutes and I’m already in the café. It wasn’t long when I saw Alan entering the café and looking intensely around until his gaze stopped on me. His eyes widened and he started running towards me. I got up from the seat and waited for him to get to me. Next thing he did shocked me, I expected everything except this.

As soon as he came closer to me he hugged me…. Hugged… me.

-         Oh you really are alive son. I am so glad.

If meeting Ella, who I thought was dead for weeks, wasn’t shocking enough, the fact that Alan hugged me as soon as he saw me, had me frozen in place and I’m not even saying anything about him calling me “son”.

He kept hugging me and saying how glad he was seeing me. I’m sure I heard him crying too. He was actually scaring me. What’s wrong with him?

After he finally calmed down we sat down to talk.

-         What about Ella? Is she alive too?

I nodded my head. I was really happy that I could give him a positive answer to that question.

-         Of course famous Hacker Jake Brewster couldn’t die that easily. How could I believe such nonsense.

-         Not only that, Mr. Bloomgate. But I also know who was planning on killing me and Ella, even though I don’t know what his intention was.

-         It isn’t Joseph, isn’t it?

-         Joseph never was involved in our case. Never in his life.

-         Then who?

-         King.

-         What?

-         Yes, it was him.

-         What does he have to do with you or Ella?

-         Actually more than you can think.