Chapter 14

*Ella’s POV*

 I woke up because of some kind of sound. I couldn’t hear what it was exactly but I didn’t care, I was so comfortable that it was impossible to wake up. But that sound continued and I was forced to open my eyes. I blinked a few times and looked around. I was hugging Jake, both of us asleep on the couch. We were looking for kidnapper whole night and I don’t even remember when I fell asleep. I put my head on his chest once again and tried to fall back asleep but then my mind registered what that sound was.

-         Ella! open the door please.

-         Sis, I’m worried.

 Lilly and Richy were knocking on my door. I looked at my clock and it was 10 am! How did we sleep that much! I jumped up from the couch, waking up Jake in the process. He looked at me confused and opened his mouth to say something. I was quicker and stopped him by putting my palm on his mouth. I pointed at the door and finally he figured out what was happening. He quickly got up from the couch, opened his backpack and put his laptop and our notes in. erasing all the traces that he was here. He then looked around trying to find the way to get out of here. I just stood there and watched him. He looked at me, hugged me quickly, smiled at me and ran upstairs.

 I waited for a few seconds and then opened the door. my friends stood there, looking at me with worried expressions.

-         Are you ok, Ella? Why didn’t you open the door?

-         Sorry guys, last night I was watching a movie till late so I overslept.

-         That’s ok, sis. Thankfully you’re alright.

 Both of them smiled at me. I invited them in and while they were coming inside some loud voice was heard from upstairs. I knew perfectly well who it was but Richy didn’t. He told me and Lilly to stay here while he would check upstairs. I hoped Jake managed to escape in time. 

Slowly Richy approached my bedroom and I followed him behind. He opened the door and looked inside. Thankfully Jake wasn’t there. We saw that my vase was broken thanks to Jake, the window was open and curtains were all over the place because of the wind outside. All of that created a great illusion that the vase was broken because of wind. Richy went to the window and closed it.

-         Everything is fine sis, just wind.

-         Thanks, bro. I probably forgot to close the window.

-         Looks like it.

-         Did you guys had breakfast?

-         No – both of them answered at the same time.

-         What about we go to Rainbow café?

-         Amazing idea, sis!

-         Ok, I’ll change and then we can go.

 Both of them agreed and left my bedroom. I took my phone and looked at it. there was message from unknown number:

 “Sorry for the vase. I’ll buy you new one.: )”

 I know exactly who that was. I just smiled and got ready for the day.

*Jake’s POV*

 I hate this plan. It’s torture. Everyone thinks I'm a cheater, everyone probably wants to kill me for breaking Ella’s heart but most importantly I can’t be with Ella. I can’t be seen next to her. But I can’t stop thinking about her, how she is, if she’s safe, if she needs me to protect her. So I stay close to her. I stay hidden from everyone, including Ella. but I’m always with her. It probably will be better if I work on finding the kidnapper during the day and at night show my findings to Ella, but I just can’t concentrate on anything when I’m not with her.