4.14 𝖶𝖠𝖱𝖥𝖠𝖱𝖤

Start from the beginning

"I was angry," She finally spoke up as she turned around to face him. Isaac looked up at her, seemingly taken aback by what she said. "I was really angry. But it wasn't just because you left. It was because you left when I needed you the most. My mom died, Isaac, she died and you went to France. I was alone, I didn't leave this room for weeks. Derek had to literally drag me out of bed just to take care of myself. I couldn't have gotten through it without him, but I needed you."

"I know," Isaac nodded, standing to level with her. "My biggest regret is not being there for you, Olly. I'm not going to try to make excuses for it, I was stupid. I don't deserve a second chance, but I promise you that I am not gonna screw it up this time."

"How do I know you're not gonna take off again if it gets hard," Her voice was low, quiet, a reflection of how she felt inside. He took a deep breath, taking a step toward her, and taking her hands in his.

"I know it hurts and I know it's gonna take a while for you to fully trust me again, if at all. But I swear to god, Olive, I am going to spend the rest of my life making it up to you. I promise you that."

"Why are you trying so hard?" She looked up at him through furrowed brows and he smiled slightly at her question, as if it was the most preposterous thing to ask.

"Because you're it for me. Out of everyone on this planet, it's you. It's always gonna be you," His tone is serious, probably the most serious she's ever heard him. Her heart is pounding in her chest, she's sure he can hear it. She grins and, despite her instincts, wraps her arms around his middle, squeezing him tightly. He immediately reciprocates, resting his head atop hers and letting out a breath he'd been holding since he got on that plane to France. It was a small victory, but he would take anything at this point.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

The two arrive at Argent's warehouse, seemingly just in time. As they approach the distant voices from the hall, they quicken their steps when they hear the growl of a werewolf.

"Brett, stop this is his place!" Scott yells as the two approach Brett, who is snarling his fangs at Argent. Brett turns to Scott with a pointed look, and then back at Argent and now Olive and Isaac, who were standing behind him protectively.

"Scott, if you're bringing guests, you could've called," Argent steps toward Scott, and the two behind him follow.

"We didn't have anywhere else to take them," He says sheepishly before sending a wave to Olive and Isaac.

"I know this man, he may not remember but we've met before," Satomi comes out behind a tarp, gaining the attention of Allison and Kira, who were tending to a couple of the wounded werewolves.

"You can trust him," Scott nods to Satomi, who looks back at him uneasily.

"How do we know he's not like the others?" Satomi questions, looking between the alpha and the hunter.

"What others?" Argent furrows his brow, turning to Scott and Kira.

"Last night, a whole team came after them," Kira shook her head, turning back to the pack.

"They used crossbows," Allison added, passing an arrow over to Argent, who examines it carefully.

"Were they hunters?" Olive questions, looking up at Argent, who shakes his head.

"Not if they're killing for profit, not anymore."

"Can they find us?" Brett asks, stepping forward to join the group.

"They might already know you're here," Argent says bluntly, shrugging slightly. "Maybe they're waiting for dark."

"So we're not safe here," Kira sighs, turning to Scott.