Part 67: Dance Drama

Zoe's POV

It was almost like a whisper, but when I looked around it was a large green and brown rattlesnake hurtling itself at me. I knew it was a bad idea, but what did I do? I caved into the peer pressure.

It had all started a few weeks ago when Elle had a stupid idea. 

Me, Haley, and Elle, had been doing our hair and makeup for the dance. We had been through weeks and weeks of intensive planning, prepping, crying, congratulating, screaming, and even peeing our pants. No joke, the prank war had gone that far.

But we had all called a one night truce, just so that there was no drama between all the couples in our friend group. Not like it was going to work, Charlie and Meredith hadn't been speaking since Spin the Bottle, and to be honest she wasn't really speaking with anyone who had been at the party. Thank the Gods I wasn't there.

So things had smoothed down enough for me to have a good night. I ended up picking a silver sequin dress about a week ago when all the girls went dress shopping, and Haley picked a dark blue satin one. Elle is the tomboy kinda girl in our little group, so she went with a dark red pantsuit.

We were all sitting and doing our makeup when Elle finally answered the question we had been waiting to hear the answer to for 5 fricking weeks.

"So, Hunter asked me out, and even though I used to want to date Luke, well now Selena, I kinda moved on. Not that your sister isn't nice, but you know, she's gonna wanna date boys now. So..."

OH MY GOOOOOOOOOODS. I can't believe it, I can't, Hunter asked her out!!! Before I could scream "DID YOU SAY YES!?!" she continues.

"I said yes. He's taking me to the dance tonight." Me and Haley pee our pants for the 2nd time that week, and end up being 10 minutes late to the dance. It was worth knowing though.

When we finally arrived at the Mess Hall, RJ was there and I left Haley and Elle behind to look for their dates. Haley had broken up with Justin after a small fight, and gotten up with this guy Gavin. Not gonna lie, they're a pretty good couple. 

Elle met up with Hunter as I was pulled onto the dance floor by RJ, as we talked.

"You look really good." He says, as we step in teh light of teh disco ball.

"Thanks, I tried out a new color eye shadow. Also, sorry I was late, me and Haley peed our pants when Elle told us about her and Hunter."

"Wait! They're dating?!" RJ exclaims, stopping so abruptly and immediately looking like a nosy little ferret trying to find Hunter and Elle in the room.

"Yes, and keep your voice quieter, it's rude." I say, stifling a laugh.

"I give you my deepest apologies madam moiselle." He says, in a deep British accent, bowing. i giggle and he gives me the look that always makes my giggles turn from a giggle into a deep bellowing laugh that ends in a few snorts. 

After I finally inhale some Oxygen I pull him aside to the photo booth. We are stumbling over each other as we enter, and he ends up having to catch me and put me down carefully. As soon as he sits down, I click the countdown to the photos and inch myself onto his lap for the first pose.

He wraps his arms around me and we smile at each other. The rest of the photos we are mostly kissing, but we got a few silly faces in.

After the photo booth me and RJ meet up with our friends, minus Meredith and Charlie, who chose to stay in their individual cabins. We all did some group dancing to "Thrift Shopping" by Mackle Moore, and then got some punch. I took one sip and gagged. It was definitely spiked.

Ahh well, Demi-Gods don't suffer as much from the affects of alcohol so it's legal, just not advised for the 16 and 17 year old dance.

The rest of the night was a lot of fun, but the next day was filled with to much drama. Way too much for me, someone who only got 5 hours of sleep. Let's say pranks can go too far, just like spin the bottle.

Thank you to all of you who are reading and supporting my story, you guys are literally making my Christmas! My plan is to update again soon, but just in case I don't Merry (early) Christmas! Love you guys!

-Author