Part 50: Keisha

Zoe's POV

Time to find Hedge. I could communicate through our communication devices, but he had been off radar and I was getting nervous.

As I approached Olympus, life had other plans for me. I heard a wailing sound coming from one of the back alleyways. I was the kind of person who had to know everything, with the Athena genes and all sio I naturally followed the noise. But carefully.

As I followed the sound, I became aware of it coming from a dumpster of all places. I had a nagging feeling I wouldn't like what I would see. And sure enough, when I lifted the dumpster lid I saw a small child on the top of all the bags, sobbing. All wrapped in paper towels and looking only about 6 months old.

At this point, there could be no trap, and I slowly lifted her from the garbage. No note. Nothing. Just a poor, little girl. Of course my brain immediately went to Hera's child, but it was as if I could feel this was a demigod. And Hera had a God child.

As I brushed off the remains of garbage from the child's head I smelled a whiff of cinnamon and bananas. My mind went to an ancient name I had heard, that would suit her well. Keisha.

I removed the soggy paper towels and took off my shirt to wrap around her. Thankfully, I had a black sports bra underneath.

I made sure she was dusted off and rewrapped her in my fuzzy shirt, then slowly rocked her back and forth. For some reason I feel like I had a different power. I could sense emotions and I also had a kind of calming touch. Either way, the baby quickly relaxed and fell asleep.

Well, now I had a child, and where was I supposed to keep her? I couldn't take her on the quest.

The baby shook her head. Wait, what? She was asleep. So I thought, "Can you understand me?"

I heard a young squeaky voice answer, in my head, "Yes, and I know how to help you."

Now my fate was in the hands of this failed child. What could go wrong? Nothing, of course, this child was smart.

Thanks for reading! Love you guys! Keep reading my story and please read Dangerous Dreams!

-Author