. 33

"What're you trying to start?" I cocked my head.

"Nothing." He replied.

I knew that was a lie.

Me and Ghost held eyes, i could feel the tension building between us.

"So why did you leave so early?" I crossed my arms, looking at the man across from me.

"You."

I eyed him closely.

"What else?"

Ghost stood up and came closer to me, putting his arms on either side of where i stood, palms flat on the counter. He was leaned over, now at the same height of me. His eyes were leveled with mine, only inches away. I could hear the faint sound of his breathing through his mask.

"You and Soap."

His eyes never left mine.

"I couldn't go back and watch you with him."

"So you were jealous?" I smirked.

Ghost didn't respond. He stared deep into me, his brown eyes captivating me. He broke eye contact for a few seconds, looking down as his gaze scoured my body.

"Jealous?" He repeated.

"Yeah. Jealous." I breathed.

His eyes met mine.

I felt a pair of rough hands move to my waist, moving from my upper thighs to just under my rib cage.

"I don't about jealous but.." His hands squeezed my waist. "I didn't want to see you with him."

"We already went over this..." I whispered. "Me and him aren't together."

"I'm just making myself clear."

Ghosts hands moved back to my thighs, feeling them before quickly lifting me up onto the counter. I gasped in surprise, tilting my head against the cabinet now behind me. I felt his hands travel back to the top of my thighs, feeling my legs through the fabric of my dress.

His actions made me feel nostalgic. Memories of us in Las Alma's flooded back, more specific ones than before. I remembered how once Ghost had lifted me up, setting me onto a rock in Mexico just like he had did on my counter. Our past intimate moments felt so far away, but now all of it was back in front of me.

"What're you doing?" I spoke, barely over a whisper.

Ghost didn't respond, his eyes wandered my body, his hands still on my thighs. As sad as it is, i hadn't had any action since..him. I think it's a mix of my injury and my immense focus on forgetting him that i never got around to it. And now i had Ghost back in between my legs, with his hands on my body just like they had been however long ago.

"Ghost..?"

"Wrong."

"Simon."

His eyes finally went to mine.

"Good girl."

Simons hands trailed to my ankles, lifting up the bottom of my dress up to my thighs. His eyes dilated at the sight of my bare skin. I couldn't help but feel nervous, he seemed to have gotten more confident since we had last been with each other. Or he simply missed me. I hoped for the latter.