.5

"You can see it as a punishment for your actions, i don't care. I'm not dealing with anymore fuck ups, now go."

God damnit. I looked at Ghost and he was already staring at me, his eyes were practically going through my soul. I hope he just decides to leave me alone tonight, i can mend myself just fine. I don't need this big mean giant "helping" me.

Ghost swiftly walked past me and kept going, not bothering to wait up when he got to our barracks. I watched him walk right in as i was struggling to walk straight. Fucking prick.

The barracks was one big room with a bathroom inside. I walked in and saw Ghost taking a cot over to a wall and setting it down, then getting another one and putting it on the opposite side of the room, right across from the first one. He didn't bother to look at me, instead sat at the second cot and put a bag down next to it. I'm guessing he chose that one as his.

I stumbled over to the empty cot and sat down. I hissed as i took off my boots and examined my wound. I unwound the now blood soaked t-shirt strip from my calf and set it aside. It looked pretty bad. My skin was irritated and stained with blood, the cut was festering and starting to burn from the sudden exposure to air. I'd live obviously, but this is gonna be a bitch to take care of.

"Here." Ghost tossed me some disinfectant and bundle of gauze.

I didn't even see him get up.

I grabbed the bottle, slightly annoyed he's still trying to help, and opened it. I took a deep breath in, i knew this would hurt like hell. I drizzled a little on top of the gash.

"Fuck." I hissed through my teeth. It burned more than i expected.

I tried to put more on to clean out the entire wound, but stopped after the burning got to hard to bear. I forgot how bad getting shot was, and i only got grazed with a bullet this time. I leaned my head against the wall behind me. How was i gonna get through this?

"Let me do it." Ghost walked over to me grabbed the bottle from hand.

"I can do it myself." I breathed.

Ghost didn't listen and kneeled down in front of me. Even with me sitting on the cot and him on his knees, his head reached the height of my chest. He grabbed the end of my jeans and glanced at me before moving them up more. He started pouring disinfectant on my calve, being very generous with it.

"Jesus christ-" I gripped the edge of the bed as my body tensed up from the pain.

Ghost gave another look up at me. His eyes weren't as cold as they were earlier. They just seemed very blank, unreadable now. He still had his mask on, all of his face was covered but his eyes. I've only ever seen him with that mask on, i'm starting to wonder what he looks like underneath.

I stared at Ghost as he kept looking at me. I glanced to the ceiling before going back to his gaze.

"I'm fine. Just get it over with." I told him.

He poured one last drizzle on my calf and took the gauze and wrapped it around tightly. He adjusted it slightly to center it over my wound. I could feel his gloves on my bare skin as he did so. They were thick a fabric that tickled. His fingers were big, so we're his hands. The gauze roll looked tiny when he held it.