.7

Important a/n at bottom
-

Ghost couldn't have gone far, or he could've. Who knows with him. I looked around for ages. I checked around the barracks and went inside every truck that was sitting in the base, i couldn't find him. Maybe he went to Graves, we were supposed to deal with Hassan today. Shit, i need to get to that. I just need to find Ghost and fix what happened first. Like Graves said, we were supposed to hash it out between ourselves.

I spent ten minutes watching the base for Ghost. I couldn't find the fucker. What kind of secret hideout does he have around here. I wouldn't be surprised if he did have one honestly.

I wandered the edge of camp, looking for Ghost until i eventually saw him leaned against a tree a little ways out. I jogged over to where he was.

"You sure know how to hide in plain sight." I awkwardly joked as i got up next to Ghost, i made sure to stay a few feet back. He likes personal space, at least with me he does.

"I wasn't hiding." Ghost replied.

"Well it took me forever to find you."

"I was watching you walk around for a while. Figured you were looking for me." Ghost didn't look me in the face, he kept his head turned so he was looking out at the land surrounding us.

"Well jeez, thanks for the help."

Ghost didn't respond.

"Are you not mad about this morning?" I hesitated before i asked.

Ghost finally turned and looked at me.

"You shouldn't have done that."

I sighed and took a step back. I took a look to my right and watched the men at our base walking around, thinking about what to say next.

"I'm sorry okay. I didn't see your face y'know. I barely saw anything."

"Then how do you explain you staring at me shirtless?" Ghost's voice had a playful hint in it.

I blushed immediately.

"I was surprised. That's all." I diffidently lied.

"I doubt that." Ghost got off of the tree and stood straight.

I didn't have anything else to say, i was too embarrassed. He took a minute to look at me before he started to walk away.

"We need to go take care of Hassan."

He was always straight to the point, and straight to his work. But i'll admit, Ghost was starting to grow on me. I feel like our iciness has finally defrosted, and now we're heading into early spring. I just wish to be on good terms with him, and not be arguing every second like we do. I would never get through this mission if it kept going on like this.

-

i'll be re-editing every chapter this weekend and tweaking story details. L move but i just want the story to flow better and be more realistic. Sorry for another short chapter:( i'll be back to updating with 1k+ words soon. 🤍