. 2

I stared up at the large man. His well over six foot stature loomed over me. His dark eyes stared into mine, never breaking eye contact.

It was intimidating, that's for sure. But i couldn't let him get to me, if he was mad about me being here then so be it. I'm not leaving and he has to get used to it.

Ghost gave a low grunt and turned away from me. He signaled Soap to follow him and he did, Soap threw me a sympathetic look over his shoulder. I rolled my eyes back at him. This Ghost guy can't get to me. I won't let him.

Ghost, Soap, and i loaded into a military plane. We were headed to Las Alma's to meet up with Mexican special forces. Apparently they knew where Hassan was.

The plane was cramped and i ended up sitting next to the man himself, Ghost. With his large frame he was pressed against me the whole trip. I thought i could get away with sinking into the corner to avoid him, but no, his entire left side was pressed to my right. The plane was rocky too, it shook frequently, which left me swinging like a rag-doll.

"Jesus-" I was pushed over onto Ghost, my head hitting into his bicep.

"Ow" I said while holding where my head hit Ghost. He was muscular that's for sure. Hitting his arm felt like hitting a rock.

"Get it together, LT." The annoyance in his voice was prominent.

Ghost turned his head to give me a cold glare. I rubbed my head and tried to avoid looking at him. I just want this plane ride to end.

My prayers were heard when i felt a big thump and knew the plane had landed. Soap got up and was heading off the plane when Ghost turned to me. I was stuck in the back while he was in-front of me. It was just us.

"Listen, if you fuck up i won't hesitate to have you thrown off the task force. I'm the one in charge here, not you." He had the same glare as before.

I scoffed. "We're both lieutenants Ghost. Get used to it." I returned the glare, but his was much more menacing.

He gave me a long look and turned and left. What was this guys problem?

I stepped off the plane and followed behind Ghost and Soap. There were two trucks in front of the plane entrance, with two soldiers standing next to them.

"Alejandro!" Soap called out to the man as he stepped off the pane ramp.

"Sergeant MacTavish." Alejandro said, you could hear his accent as he spoke. This must be the guy with the Mexican special forces.

"Call me Soap" The two shook hands.

Alejandro turned to Ghost. "Lieutenant. Laswell says they call you Ghost."

"Actually, i believe he prefers to be-" Soap was cut off by Ghost.

"That'll do." Ghost's accent was thick with his words. I kinda liked it.

I finally stepped out from behind Ghost, Alejandro noticed me quickly.

"And who's this?" Alejandro flashed me a smile.

"Lieutenant y/n. Last minute addition" I shook Alejandro's hand.

"I wish they would've told me sooner that such a beautiful woman was joining us"

I couldn't help but blush at his words.

"You have a nickname too?" Alejandro asked, Ghost and Soap had theirs while i stuck with my real name.

"Haven't had the honor of getting one quite yet." I laughed.

"Well i think hermosa would work for you, it means beautiful in spanish." This Alejandro guy was growing on me.

I looked to my left and noticed Ghost was staring at me. He had no emotion behind his eyes, i wonder what he's thinking.

"Welcome to the "city of souls"." Alejandro turned and lead us to the trucks behind him.

"I've never been to Mexico." Soap said.

"This isn't Mexico, this is Los Alma's" Alejandro replied.

"Shepards contractors are inbound to reinforce. They're bringing hardware, they'll need room." Ghost butted in. He was talking about Graves and his shadows.

"My base is your base." Alejandro replied.

"Good, now where's Hassan?" Ghost asked.

"You're straight to the point aren't you." I teased ghost. He didn't seem to like it.

"We're here for a mission, aren't we?" He cold eyes shot over to me before returning to Alejandro. "Where's Hassan?"

"Cartel safe house. Ten clicks from here." Alejandro replied as he opened one of the truck doors. "Get in."