. 30

I closed the bathroom door behind me, stepping into a room full of  stalls and one wide multi sink counter. It was empty, all the stall doors inside were wide open. I walked to one of the sinks to my left, sighing as i looked into the mirror above it. I saw myself, still in my red dress and dolled up appearance. I looked amazing, but not matter how good looking i was it couldn't save me from tonight.

I wish i just had said no to going, just to save myself from seeing Ghost again. But no, i agreed and now i'm stuck having to deal with him. Pretending to go along with Soaps crush on me, i felt horrible. It was wrong and i knew it. I wish i could rewind the whole night, go back to a few days and never agree to coming to this thing.

I rested my arms against the counter, hands laid flat against the marble with my arms out straight.

Maybe i could just say i'm sick and leave early. That was my best option now, and fuck, i'll probably go with it.

I stood up straight, sighing and taking one last look in the mirror. My lipstick was smudged, the inner parts of my lips were slightly lighter than the outer part. It was from the glass i drink from, there was probably a red lipstick stain on it back at my table.

I reached a hand to my lips, starting to tap at them to get the color even, when i noticed the door to the bathroom start to open. I could see it in the reflection of the mirror in front of me. I assumed that would be my cue to leave, but then i realized the figure walking inside wasn't what you'd normally see in the women's bathroom.

I started at him behind me. Ghost. He fucking followed me into the bathroom.

"Making sure you look pretty, yeah?" He spoke. His husky british accent all too familiar.

"This is a women's bathroom," I dropped my hand and turned around to face him. "so i suggest you leave."

Ghost ignored what i said and took a step closer to me, staring dead into my eyes.

"So what, you're with Soap now?" He took another step, he was only a few feet away now.

"Why would it matter if i was?" I crossed my arms, scowling up at him.

"Answer my question."

I shook at him in disbelief.

"No. You can answer my questions first. It's been almost two years and now you're back trying to act like you own me." I went on.

"You gave me no explanations and just left in fucking Mexico to wonder what the hell happened between us." I pursed my lips. It felt good to get that off my chest.

Ghost didn't respond. He glanced away from me, looking to the other side of the room before looking back to me. He didn't move, just standing in front of me.

He had nothing to say.

I scoffed. Of course he didn't.

"You should leave before someone sees you in here." I maintained his eye contact, giving him my best fuck you look as i walked past him, leaving the bathroom with him still standing in it.

I walked down the hallway outside the bathroom, what had just happened starting to sink in. I guess iwas successful in making him jealous.

I reached the entrance back into the actual party, seeing that dinner was just getting served to guests. A small part of me didn't want to stay, but i knew i needed to. I was just starting to get under Ghosts skin.

I sighed before walking inside, finding the table i was sitting at. I slowly sat down at my seat, Soap noticing me as i did.

"Hungry?" He asked, already taking a bite of his food.

I glanced at the plate in front of me, my face blank as i looked at the fancy arrangement of small mint leaves on the plates edges. It didn't look like anything i had ate before.

"What is it?" I asked, Soap laughing at my question.

"No idea, but it's fuckin' good."

-

Ghost never came back. Throughout dinner his seat stayed empty, and up until the end of the event-empty. No one was surprised, it was more of a im surprised he didn't leave sooner reaction. Which made sense, this obviously wasn't Ghosts thing, but i knew the real reason why he left. Me. I was just relieved he was gone, one part of me wanted to continue my act of making him jealous, but the other part just wanted to have a calm night, which is what i ended up getting.

The party ended after a few hours, saying goodbye to Price and Gaz, Laswel as well. If i was being honest, it wasn't that bad of a night.

"So," Soap started as he got into the drivers seat of his car. "how was it?"

I closed the passenger door, getting myself situated in the seat.

"Not too bad, Soap. Not too bad." I smiled.

He laughed.

"I'm glad you liked it. I thought you wouldn't after um.." He trailed off, giving me an awkward look.

"I know." I said. He was bringing up Ghost.

"I just knew you were uncomfortable." He said, his voice had changed from his happen tone to now a saddened one.

"Soap." I looked to him. "Forget about it okay? We had a good night."

I reached my hand and rested it on his. He gave me a large smile. He wasn't sad anymore.

We didn't speak much during the drive to my house, but it was a comfortable silence. I was happy to end the night on a good note.

"I'll talk to you later, Soap." I waved him a goodbye through his car window, having just got out of it when he reached my house.

I watched him as he drove off, heading to my front door when his car turned the corner of my street. I walked up the steps to my door, taking out my keys to get inside when i heard a car come up behind me, the roar of an engine shutting off just behind me.

I turned around and saw an unfamiliar black car parked on the street in front of me.