. 28

Fuck.

I should've guessed he'd be here, everyone else was. But Ghost doesn't exactly seem like the kind of guy to come this kind of thing, so i can't be too hard on my self about not expecting it.

I looked to Soap, who's smile had dropped from his face. Him and Ghost were close friends, but his pervious happy look had vanished from his face. At least i wasn't the only person that didn't want him here.

Ghost was standing near the entrance, his attention just now caught by Price, who was stilling waving to him. Definitely already drinking.

Then he saw me.

Our eyes locked. My breath hitched in my throat. This isn't what i wanted. I didn't want him here, this wasn't how the night was supposed to go. It would just be me and Soap having drinks and going home early, even if it took lots of convincing to do so. I wasn't supposed to see Ghost, ever. I was supposed to forget, not be faced with him.

I looked away from Ghost, turning back to our huddled conversation. I could tell Soap was watching me, his eyes stayed on me while i turned back around, soon following my actions. I looked to him, my eyes almost pleading. Soap was the only one here that knew we had a past, even if it was a short one. He gave me a sympathetic look. He realistically couldn't do anything to help me.

I crossed my arms and waited until Ghost would eventually join our group chit-chat. It was inevitable. I saw Soap look over his shoulder in my peripheral, then felt his hand on my waist like before. I didn't bother shrugging him off, i was too busy internally freaking out.

Ghost towered over Price when he stood next to him. He towered over all of us, still. I glanced at him, noticing his black formal attire-not a suit- and that fact he was wearing his mask still. Of course he was. Before i looked away, i noticed that his eyes were staring at me, not my face but my waist. Where Soaps hand still was.

Maybe he could help me after all.

-

The venue was getting full and seats started to get taken, giving us our queue to sit down. Price already had a table, right next to the stage in the back of the room.

The table was round with the blue table cloth like every other had, with white porcelain plates already set out. I went to grab my chair to sit down, but Soap stopped me.

"Let me." He pushed the chair out for me to sit.

"Really?" I teased, surprised he was going this far with his gentleman thing.

He didn't respond but motioned again for me to sit down. I laughed and took the seat, scooting it close to the table, trying to ignore the pair of eyes that i felt on me. I knew who it was already.

Price had already flagged down someone to get a round of drinks for the table, Gaz egging him on as he did. I could hear Soap making jokes next to me, all while the same pair of eyes drilled into me.

It was gonna be one hell of a night.