. 1

"this sounds like a suicide mission." i couldn't believe price.

"i don't care what it sounds like. i'm asking for you specifically for this job and i expect you to be there."

i knew i couldn't deny the captain.

-

Captain price had assigned me a new mission, joining task force 141. I never expected to be assigned such things, i was a lieutenant, and a well respected one at that, but i never imagined price would put me up to this. However I will admit it was a boost to my ego.

The mission sounded insane to me, going after a man who's been wanted for years, regularly supplies terrorists, and has shipping containers full of missiles headed to the U.S. Not to mention they already took a mission after him and failed. Whole things just seems crazy to me. But i couldn't deny my captain, so here i am on a military truck on my way to base camp, a little regrouping before whatever the hell we're about to endure.

The one positive about this is that i was with Soap, whom i've know for a while now. We were close, multiple missions and multiple times where we've saved each others lives. He's like my older brother at this point, and i'm happy to know he's got my back for this job.

During the ride to camp, Soap filled me in more on what's going on. Price neglected to do so.

He told me about Ghost. The man of myth. Or so i see it as. Soap said he was the only other lieutenant with us, and he didn't know i was coming. I had heard of Ghost before, but never met him. Soap has told me about him previously, but all i knew was that he one of the most feared men around and that he wore a skull mask, kind of known for it. I never thought about it much, could a single man be known for as much as Ghost is made out to be?

The car stopped suddenly and i got up to get off the truck. I latched one of my hands around the handle of my bag, getting ready to hop off when Soap turned to me.

"Just so you know, Ghost isn't a fan of surprises. And you're the biggest one right now." Soap gave me a small smirk before jumping off the side of truck.

Soap reached out a hand to help me down.

"He can't be that scary, can he?" I asked while taking Soaps hand as he helped me to the ground.

"You'll see soon enough."

I followed Soap as he walked away from the truck, headed to a group of soldiers not too far from us. I anticipated what could happen. I'm not scared of people anymore, especially men. It's something I've had to grow used to with my line of work. But this Ghost guy, is he as bad as he seems?

I was broken out of my thoughts when i heard Soap shout at someone. I look over to see who it is,

Ghost.

Tall, dark, and wearing the infamous mask i've heard about. A skull, along with the rest of his head gear. He was already suited up, looked like he could go into combat at that very moment.

I continued to follow Soap as he went to greet "Ghost". The man had yet to see me, which gave me an advantage. I stayed behind Soap to examine him a bit more.

He towered over soap, which meant he towered over me. He was incredibly tall, and muscular too. I had to admit, even without seeing under that mask, he looked pretty good. And his eyes. Those eyes. Black grease paint was smeared around them, adorning his dark irises. I had never felt fear around a man before, but seeing this "ghost" right in-front of me, i was scared to move.

I was staring up him, his gaze still on Soap when they suddenly flicked onto me.

"Who's this?" Ghost said in a thick and husky British accent.

God, even his voice was terrifying.

"I'm lieutenant y/n." I replied, stepping out from behind Soap.

Ghost didn't reply but instead looked back to Soap.

"She was assigned to us last minute. She's gonna be with us for a while. Price's orders." Soap explained to Ghost.

"I thought i was the only lieutenant."

"Not anymore." I butted in, staring up at ghost. His gaze met mine, and he didn't look happy. Maybe Soap was right, he didn't like surprises, or just someone that compromised his authority.