. 27

Red meant power, strength.

Red was meant to symbolize your courage, the confidence you bestowed. That's why i chose it for my dress.

A silky, red, floor length gown. It was a deep and dark shade, with short sleeves that went off my shoulders. It ended just above my ankles, and it had more of a fitted look, hugging my body in only the right areas.

It felt weird looking at myself in the mirror, i hadn't gotten this dressed up in a long time. I was used to my tucked away hair and baggy uniform. Now, i had my hair down with a red lip to match my dress.

I almost felt like i was seeing a stranger in the mirror.

Soap was picking me up, if we were going together that meant we had to arrive together. Or so he claimed. I waited until i heard his car outside before i left my house, i had to mentally prepare myself before leaving. Soap has never seen me outside of no makeup and baggy clothes, i was nervous for his reaction.

I slowly opened my front door, not looking at Soap until i had closed it behind me. I finally brought my eyes to him, he was in a suit. And tie.

"Wow." Soap looked dumbfounded, his mouth was hanging open for a solid minute while looking at me.

"You wanna take a picture, Soap?" I teased, walking to his car.

"If you're offering then sure.." He mumbled.

I pretended like i didn't hear him.

The ball was held in a large building in the city. It was part of the quieter side, so despite how late it was there wasn't much activity going on around it. Just other cars with people coming to the same place i was.

It was one of the places that was only used for large parties, usually weddings and such. I cant remember the last time i'd been to one, so i'm not sure what to expect going into this. Even if i had gone to a million weddings, it would be nothing like a military ball, or whatever it's official title was.

"You ready for this, y/n?" Soap asked.

"As ready as i'd ever be." I faked my enthusiasm, it being obvious i was.

Soap laughed.

"You'll fine." He reassured. "You got me to get through it with."

"You're my sidekick for this journey."

"I thought you were the sidekick?"

"Never." I laughed.

I took another look out the car window, watching people walk inside the building. I knew none of them, of course.

Soap had exited his car, walking over to my side. He opened my door for me.

"Such a gentleman." I teased.

I stepped out of the car, fixing the bottom of my dress so it wasn't tangled around my ankles or shoes. I sighed, turning my focus from my dress to Soap. He was looking back at me, grinning as he reached his arm out. I hesitatingly took it, linking my right with his left.

"You look amazing." He whispered as we walked to the venue.

I walked slow, still not entirely used to wearing heels. I don't think Soap minded it, he had the biggest smile i'd ever seen on his face. I would never hear the end of tonight.

The inside was set up with tables and chairs, all the same with a dark blue table cloth. It was set in one big room, with a small stage on one side. It was decorated very formally, dark blue and white seemed to be the theme. There were already lots of people there, some sitting down and others chatting.

"Where are we supposed to go?" I asked Soap, my arm still linked with his.

I honestly had no clue what to do, it seemed Soap knew everything about this while i didn't.

"We'll worry about that in a second, I think i found Price." He motioned to a small group of people in front of us.

Sure enough, it was Price, along with Laswel, Gaz, and a few others i knew. Soap led me over to them, me still struggling in my heels.

"Soap!" Price exclaimed, his arms going out to give him a hefty handshake.

"Nice to see you too, y/n. I'm glad you came." He added, looking over to me.

"Not without my convincing!" Soap laughed, throwing an arm around my waist.

I gave him a look, he was getting awfully touchy all of the sudden. We were starting to look like a couple. I snaked my way out of his arm while he spoke with Price and Gaz, trying not to draw attention to it.

"You guys came just in time, its about to start." Laswel said.

"They'll go off on ye if you're late." Price added, i think he had already starting drinking.

"Speaking of late!" Price was now looking somewhere behind me and Soap, motioning for what i'm guessing was someone to come towards us.

I turned to where he was looking, curious on who it could be.

My blood ran cold.

Ghost.

-

me saying i'm gonna upload soon knowing damn well i have ten words written