You need me -I don't need you?

~Dawn's POV~

(NOT EDITED)

Yesterday, after we got back from the pond Niall said goodnight and went up to his from in a hurry. I'm happy that I opened up to someone in this house, but a bit edgy that the paparazzi caught us hugging. I can see the head line now 'IS NIALL AND BLUE EYES SECRETLY DATING? READ ALL ABOUT IT!' 

After a nice long -needed- shower I went down stairs to find Liam on the phone.

"Hey dad. Yeah Dawn's here. You want to talk to her? Um Sure... One sec." Liam walked over to me where I descended the stairs. He handed me his phone with a confused expression on my face. He just shrugged.

"Dawn?" A familiar husky voice said.

"Um? Geoff?" My voice grew shaky, my palms sweaty.

"Yes Dawn. I just wanted to let you know I'm coming over. I'll be there soon." I took in a sharp breath at the realization that I'm going to see my father again.

Not even 10 minutes later we heard the doorbell ring and my heart almost stopped. I was breathing heavily, my mind screaming 'RUN!' 

"Hey dad. What are you doing here?" Liam's voice being heard from the lounge room where I sat fidgeting. Suddenly a man walks in. His hair was a very light shade of brown. He had a mustache that was'nt very even I noticed right of the bat. He was tall, just like Liam. They both had some similarities, but none that stood out when you glance at them. His tall frame contrasted with his heavy body, but in a good way I guess. He wore dark straight jeans, a red shirt underneath a black coat that clung at his broad shoulders. His hands were in his pocket and he looked nervous -Just like me.

"Dawn." He breathed out looking at me intently.

"Geoff explain to me why you are here." I said. My voice quivering the slightest bit.

"That's what I want to do. I want to explain everything." His voice just the right amount of husky and light. Nothing compared to what it sounded like over the phone. He sat me down on the couch with Harry , Niall and Liam watching us. I was glad that Zayn and Louis were spending time with their girlfriends.

"I met you mother Dawn, after I met Karen." He started. Folding his hands in his lap the way I do when I sit. Quickly I put them at my side not wanting to have similarities with this man. "She had gotten pregnant and I was scared, I wasn't ready to be a dad yet..." He looked down searching for the words like they would be on his scuffed brown shoes. "So I left her. I moved to Melbourne and that's where I met Lisa -Your mother. About three years latter we had you. You were so beautiful... I did'nt want to leave you, but I had a responsibility." I pursed my lips in anger.

"And I was'nt your responsibility?!" I shouted, but tried to calm down for the guy's sake.

"Dawn yes you were. It's just Karen needed me. Your mother -Who I loved very much- had a stable job and could take care of you all on her own." I counted back from 10 - 1 trying to calm the anger that is in the pit of my stomach. 

"Wait dad? Does that mean..." Liam who stood up, pointed to me then to him and back to me said. Geoff nodded and replied "Yes Liam. You and Dawn are related. That is who Karen had." He said to me. My lips maid an 'O' shape as my eyes widened. 'LIAM IS YOUR HALF BROTHER!' My mind screamed. 

"So that's your explanation for leaving me? When I was only three! I was three, Geoff!" Fighter tears streamed down my face. A look of pain took over my features.

"Dawn, I know I made a mistake, just trust that I do want to fix things with you." Nodding, I turned away from him. His caring eyes just like Liam's made my heart fail. Knowing the man I missed so much and cried over sat in front of me brought so many old memories. 

"I don't think I can." Was all I said before running up to my room and falling in a pit of sobs on my bed. 

I did'nt want to believe that Geoff was here. I just wanted to be in a land filled with candy and unicorns where me and Luke could be in love forever. Why does he have to be my dad? And Liam's my brother?! My thought were interrupted by a knock on the door. 

"N-No one's alive!" I said tearfully.

"Dawn it's Liam. Can I please come in?" Whipping my eyes and sitting up I let him in. "Dawn can we talk? About Geoff?" Liam's face had a sincere look. I even think he was crying at one point. His eye's were red and puffy and he's sniffling...

"I guess..." Was all I could manage to say, then breaking down crying again.

"Shhhh... Dawn it's okay..." Liam came and sat next to me, wrapping his arms around me. He rubbed soothing circles on my back to try to calm me down.

"L-Liam do you know how hard it was for me and my mum to manage with out Geoff." I said when I was done sobbing. "Or how I felt when he left? I was three, but I remember crying my eyes out for him." Tears slowly fell down.

"I can say I know how you feel because he left when I was one and did'nt come back till I was four and a half... It was hard to warm up to him, because for three years I did'nt know him. You did though..." His lips were pursed and eye brows creased like he was fighting something. A tear rolled down his cheek when I caught it.

"Liam... He was gone for eight years. Almost my whole life. How am I supposed to warm p to him?" 

"Can't you at least try?" I looked into his caring light brown eyes. I tried to avoid his stare.

"I don't think I can..." He nods slowly before unwrapping his arms from around me. 

"Tell me when you know you can." Was the last thing he said before getting off the bed and walking out of my room, closing the door behind him. 

I sat there for the rest of the night thinking of what to do. I never came up with a solution before I fell asleep crying into the pillow.

~Liam's POV~ 

I closed Dawn's door. Her cries hurt my heart. She's my sister... I have another sister. I walked down the stairs to find my dad still sitting on the coach. 

"Dad I think you should go now." I ordered a bit ruffly. He looked up and smiled sadly.

"Yes I think I should get going. Liam I want you to know that I do love your mum. I was stupid back then. I don't want you to think anything different about me." He stood, grabbing his coat and started for the door.

"Dad?" He stopped and turned back to me. "Tell me one thing." Nodding his head I continued. " Does anyone else know?" Lowering his head he looked away from me.

"No son. Only your mum, but no one else. I'll tell them eventually." I nodded and then he was gone. 

"Mate you okay?" Niall asked patting me on the back. 

"Niall, you do realize that the girl you like is my sister." He smiled, but then broke it. 

"I don't like her." I shook my head and smiled mischievously. 

"Lies!" We started wrestling and joking around. This is what I love about Niall. He's my best mate for this reason -He makes everything fun. 

~I'm sorry it's so short:( I'll make the next one longer! <3 Bye babes!

-Gina xx~