"You think it's something to do with dad?" Rosalie asked looking between the two.

"It's possible." Alec said.

"There you are!" Magnus' voice rang through as he stepped into the room.

"Good news: the Core is off the ley line grid and free of demonic corruption." He told Alec.

"That's good news. Thank you." Alec told him.

Everyone went silent.

"All righty then... I'll make myself scarce."

Izzy broke the silence to explain.

"We just got a fire message from mom, saying she's 'dropping by' for an impromptu 'family dinner'."

"Those are a lot of air quotes." Magnus noted.

"Mom doesn't just drop by for anything." Alec said.

"Yeah. We're thinking it has to do with her and dad." Rosalie said.

"Their finally making their divorce official." Izzy finished.

"My condolences." Magnus told them.

"It's for the best. Problem is instead of just being sad like a normal person, she starts trying to fix everyone around her." Izzy explained.

"Which usually includes grilling her children on everything she thinks is going wrong in their lives." Alec said.

"Great... more that I have to worry about." Rosalie sarcastically mumbled.

"So... where are you holding this suspenseful dinner?" Magnus asked.

Izzy looked at Rosalie for a second as Rose pinched the bridge of her nose.

"Definitely not here." She said.

"The Institute tends to bring out her inner Inquisitor." Alec said, glancing briefly at Rosalie.

"How about my place?" Magnus suggested.

"Magnus, you don't have to..." Alec was cut off.

"I insist. You can have the place all to yourselves."

"Wait. You should be there." Izzy said.

"Hm-mm..."

"Think about it: if Magnus is there being his usual charming self... Mom won't have time to interrogate us."

Rosalie nodded.

"I am charming." Magnus said.

"You don't think it's too much?" Alec asked.

" 'Too much' is my middle name."

Magnus looked Alec in the eye.

"Look, clearly this is important to you." Magnus put his hand on Alec's arm before taking his hand.

"Ergo... it's important to me. Hmm?"

Alec smiled slightly.

~~~~
~~~~

Rosalie walked down the hall just to take a walk when she heard a voice.

"Rosalie, can I talk to you?" Jace's voice rang through.

Rosalie turned and went over to him following him into his room.

"Did you get any sleep?"

He didn't answer as he grabbed the tablet.

"This is Morgan Young, the Owl's latest victim, except she escaped before he possessed her."

Rosalie looked through the tablet.