Chapter 1

*alarm rings*

"Ugh." Hanni groans as she reaches for her alarm clock. "Mondays are so dreading."

She stretches as she tries to bring her body to sit down, barely awake.

As she pushes herself to stand up, someone comes pounding at her bedroom door.

*loud knocking*

"Hanni-ya, wake up or we'll be late for our first class its 6:30 am already and you take soooo long to get ready." Her itty bitty early bird roommate shouts.

"YEAAAA! Dani! i'm awake give me a break! you know how much I love sleeping." Hanni shrugs, she can never keep up with Dani's energy in the morning.

Hanni and Dani have just been roommates since February, but since both their parents were bestfriends since highschool, they practically grew up together. They always lived in the same neighbourhood, both in Korea and Australia, they also went to the same school, spent holidays together, had vacations, and now they moved to Seoul together to attend uni.

Danielle opens Hanni's bedroom door "Our daily breakfast has been delivered~ come and eat with me already." she pouts as she pulls Hanni's hand, gesturing to go to the dining table. Neither Hanni or Danielle knows how to cook so they've subscribed to a daily breakfast plan so that they can have breakfast readied for them everyday and for their lunch and dinner, they just always eat outside or get food delivered.

Hanni yawns, she just nods at Danielle as they walk together leaving her room.

———————————————

Hanni's POV

It's finally our first day, but it still hasn't fully sunk in to me yet. Dani and I moving has been such a huge step in our lives, I'm so glad Dani and I are together and that we're taking the same degree in the same university. I wouldn't have gotten this far without someone to ground me, being so far from home has been a huge adjustment but I'm glad im learning to be more independent and deci-

"Hellooo?" Dani snaps me out of my deep thought.

"What?"

"Love, you've been staring at the potato pancakes for a whole minute. Are you okay?"

"STOOOP, you know I can't function well in the morning"

"Get your juices up, sweetie! 'cause if you just stare, we'll be here until noon"

I roll my eyes as I hear Dani's corny gesture, "I might be a little older than you but you act so much more like a mom than I do" I shake my head and chuckle at her.

"No, I don't? I just care!" Dani gives me a little nudge and shakes her head as well. "Just go eat already so we wouldn't be late"

"Okay mama Danielle" I said in a teasing tone, Dani is seriously so mother-like, she's so sweet and caring. I'm sure if she gets any love interest she'd baby the hell out of them. Ew, I don't want to imagine her being boo-d up, it seems so weird. Phew Pham Hanni just shake it off and leave it as a thought.

I check my phone to see if I have any notifications, not that i'm expecting any it's just a sort of habit I gue—SHIT it's almost 7am. I have to move faster or else we might be late.

I hope my professor isn't strict nor mean. It would leave a great deal of pressure if my monday morning classes would be welcomed with fright and terror. I unconciously let out a sigh.

"What are you moping over?" Danielle asks

"Oh, im just worried about getting terror professors, its just a little nerve racking... i guess"