10.

The next day, I got up pretty late. After we got home, I cleaned Klaus' wound. We decided to watch some movies. We stayed up late and fell asleep next to each other. I know I woke up early this morning. I could feel the heat from Klaus' body. He was still asleep with his arm around my waist. I moved a little, and Klaus' grip tightened as he tried to pull me closer to him. I smiled to myself and moved closer to him. Within seconds, I was asleep again.
Later, Klaus gently woke me up and said he had some work to do and would see me later. I don't know what he was talking about, but I was so tired that I just mumbled 'okay' and went back to sleep.

When I woke up later, everyone was gone. I hope they didn't all go on a family trip without me.
I took a quick shower and went to get something to eat. Mom was in the kitchen humming a song.
,,Hi, Mom." I smiled at her.
,,Hi, Rory. Are you hungry?" She asked me.
,,I'm starving." I chuckled.
When I finished eating, my mom took my empty plate.
,,Do you want some help, mom?" I asked her.
,,No, it's okay, honey." She said with a smile and continued with the dishes. I got a book from the library and sat down in the living room. I was so engrossed in my reading that I almost didn't notice that Diego was back.

He sat down next to me.
,,Hi, sis." He said. "Hi. Where were you? It seems like forever since we've seen each other." I smiled at him.
,,I've been working. You know," he said.
,,Hmm. Saving the city?" I joked.
,,Well, I'm actually looking into a case right now. Something doesn't feel right. You remember Patch? We worked on it together today. She doesn't like it very much." He snickered.
,,I remember her. And I know she doesn't like it. I've bailed you out several times because you got in her way." I teased him.
,,Yeah. Anyway, it was some shooting at the store. The bullets that were there were also in the diner where the dead body was recently found." He explained.
,,Really? Huh." I said thoughtfully.
,,What?" He asked me.
,,Well, recently my death radio turned on again." I started. When we were younger, we didn't know how to call these abilities in general. And I thought this was kind of funny. Diego and Klaus agreed. Of course they did.
,,I heard gunshots. And then.. death. Do you think it could have been the same thing?" I looked at him.
,,It could be." He said.
,,You know, I've been getting this weird feeling lately. It's something big. I just can't put my finger on it. But it started when Five showed up. Or maybe it was earlier, and I just managed to ignore it." I continued.
,,Do you think Five is up to something?" He asked
,,I don't know." I sighed.
,,I think it's too much of a coincidence, you know." He said. We just sat there for a while.

,,Oh. And I don't know if you know that. But we have another family meeting today. Any minute now." Diego suddenly remembered.
,,Oh really? You think Luther's gonna accuse me of murder again?" I asked him with amusement.
,,He can try." He winked at me.
As if on cue, Luther came to us with Klaus right behind him.
,,Is Allison here yet?" He asked.
,,Hello to you, too. No, she's not here." I said. I'm actually not surprised that he's ignoring the rest of us. I got up and went to hug Klaus. He also had chips in his hand, so I had to join the food source.

Allison and Vanya arrived a few minutes later.
,,Okay. Five's not coming, so let's get started." Luther said and turned on the TV.
,,It's about dad's murder."
,,Oh, my God." Diego and I stuttered. Luther ignored us and played the footage from dad's bedroom. We all watched to see what was going on. Allison was having a drink. Klaus and I were eating chips, and Diego watched the tape without being surprised.
The video showed our mom at dad's bedside. She leaned over him but didn't touch him. Moments later, dad had a heart attack. I can see where this is going. Jesus fuckin Christ.

,,I mean, do you really think mom would hurt dad?" Vanya asked.
,,You haven't been home in a long time, Vanya." Luther looked at her and then back at the video. ,,Maybe you don't know Grace anymore." He added. Grace? Why does he call her by her first name and not mom?
,,If he was poisened, it would have shown in the coroner's report." Diego tried to explain to him.
,,Well, I don't need a report to tell me what I can see with my own eyes." He snapped at him.
,,Maybe all that low gravity in space messed up your vision." Diego responded. I snorted. He went to the TV and paused the video.
,,Look closer. Dad has his monocle. Mom stands up. Monocle's gone. She wasn't poisoning him. She was.. taking it. To clear it." He explained and stepped away from the TV.
,,Then where is it?" Luther asked him. ,,No, I've searched the house, including all her things." She doesn't have it." He added.
,,You did what?" I asked him in disbelief. Luther looked ashamed for a moment. Good. Diego sighed.
,,That's because I took it from her. After the funeral." He said. We all looked at him. Okay, I didn't see that coming.
,,You've had the monocle this whole time? What the hell, Diego?" Allison asked with anger.
,,Hey, calm down, Alli. I'm sure he has an explanation." I said in a calm but cautionary tone.
,,Give it to me." Luther said and held out his hand.
,,I threw it away." Diego replied. Well, I saw that one coming.
,,You what?" Luther and Allison scoffed.
,,Look, I knew that if you found it on mom, you'd lose your shit, just like you're doing right now." Diego pointed his dagger at him as Luther approached him.
,,Diego, you son of a bitch." Luther snapped at him and it looked like they were about to start fighting.