16.

3 POV

Diego's screams echoed throughout the house. 
Everybody came running after him.
,,Why are you screaming, Diego?" Allison asked.
,,Someone kidnapped Rory." Diego said. Fear, anger and panic in his voice.
,,What?!" Everyone screamed.
,,What are you talking about?" Klaus came closer and started to panic.
,,We've been on the phone. I was just saying you were back. She said she was right outside the house. Then there was some weird noise and she stopped answering. I went outside, her cell phone was on the floor. I saw a car leaving quickly." Deigo explained in a hurry.
Klaus walked across the room holding his head. What he'd been through in the last year was nothing compared to the fear he felt now.
,,So we have to find her." Allison said.
,,But how do we do that? We have no leads." Luther asked.
"We can look at the camera footage." Pogo suggested.
They all immediately ran to the room where they keep and watch the records.
Five teleported in, and by the time the others got there, he was rewinding the footage. It showed Rory getting out of the car and making a phone call. She had a smile on her face and was making her way to the house. A huge bald man appeared behind her back, and before she could defend herself, another man came and injected her in the neck. Rory passed out, they put her in the car and drove off.
,,Who the hell is that? And why would they kidnap her?" Five asked. He didn't show it, but he was worried about her.
,,I think I know the answer to both of those questions." Pogo said.
,,What?" They all asked.
,Follow me." He said and went to Reginald's office. He knew exactly what to look for. He put a file on the table and opened it. The others stood around the table and looked at the file. On the first page was a picture of the man who drugged Rory.

,,This is Dr. Thomas Landon. The best way to describe him is that he's a lunatic and a fanatic. He studies people with special abilities. People like you. He does experiments on them. He believes he can improve their abilities." Pogo said.
,,So you're saying she was kidnapped by a freak who's gonna experiment on her?" Klaus asked.
,,I'm afraid so. And I should have known. But it's been so long I've forgotten." Pogo sighed.
,,What are you talking about?" Diego asked.
,,When you were about 14 years old, he came to see your father. Thanks to our academy, he knew about your abilities. He wanted to experiment on Aurora even then. He believed that Miss Aurora had the right potential. She was the perfect candidate for him." Pogo started explain.
,,Perfect for what?" Luther asked.
,,Perfect for a human weapon." Pogo answered. They all looked at him to see if he was serious. He was.
,,Say that again." Diego said with a horrified expression. Pogo sighed.
,,He studied Aurora. He believed his methods could improve her. But your father refused, because the methods are extreme and brutal. Your father made sure that Dr. Landon couldn't get to her or any of you. I don't know how." Pogo continued to explain.
,,What methods?" Five asked this time.
,,Acupuncture, applying a serums he created himself, electric shocks, trepanation, surgical procedures on test subjects and much more." Pogo replied.
,,Oh my god." Allison and Klaus said.
,,That's not all." Pogo said.
,,There's more?!" Diego almost yelled.
,,The experiments really worked. It really made their abilities stronger. Until it killed them, of course. As far as we know, no one's survived yet." Pogo replied again.
,,That's enough. We have to find her. Now." Klaus spoke up.
,,And you have to get her here before it's too late." Added Pogo.
,,What are you talking about?" Allison asked.
,,Your sister already has a lot of power. She's more dangerous than the others. The screaming she uses helps her ease her mind. It helps her focus on what she needs to do. And she uses it as a weapon. If she gets stronger, she will hear and feel everything much more. I can't say how much more. She will feel every death she predict. She won't be able to focus on just a few. She'll hear them all. And the more she feels, the more she will scream. The screaming will get louder and louder. Eventually, it will be like the others. She won't last and her power will kill her. She will feel her death and that will make her scream one last time. She could kill hundreds of people, she could destroy half the city." Pogo explained.
,,So she's basically a ticking time bomb. Great." Five dropped his head.
,,Is it in the file where we can find him?" Luther asked.
,,These informations were taken before he moved. This address is old, but you can try." Pogo gave him the address.
,,Okay. You try the address, and I'll try to find the car by its license plate number. Might be faster. And we need to figure out how to save Rory." Diego said and started to leave but Klaus stopped him.
,,Wait a minute. I'll come with you. Please." He pleaded with tears in his eyes.
Diego looked him over. Any other time, he'd have told him to go to hell. But not today. He saw how it was destroying Klaus. He knew Klaus loved her and he had to do something to find her.
,,Okay, Come on." He said, nodding his head towards the door.

Several hours passed. Allison, Luther and Five checked the doctor's last known address, but nothing. Diego and Klaus found nothing either. They were on their way back home. Klaus barely even realized he was sober. A ghost appeared in the back seat next to him. It was looking at him, but Klaus tried to ignore it. He didn't need this right now.
,,The girl is going to die," the ghost said.
,,What?" Klaus turned to the ghost. It was a girl. She was maybe 16 years old. She had welts all over her body and blood coming out of her head.
"The girl he's got there now. She's gonna die like me. Like all of us." The girl said.
,,Where? Where is she?" Klaus asked her.
,,What?" Diego asked. He glanced back at Klaus staring at the empty seat.
,,We have to go back home. I know where she is. Call the others and tell them to meet us there." He turned to Diego.
,,What? How do you know?" Diego asked with confusion.
,,Because I'm sober and one of his lab rats was just here." He said with irritation. They were in a hurry. He just hoped Diego would listen and not ask for a long explanation. And he didn't want to convince him it was true either.
Diego looked at him like he was thinking about something.
,,Okay. Let's go back. I hope it works." He said and drove back home.

,,So we're supposed to believe Klaus?" Luther said doubtfully.
,,Yes, he knows where she might be. Why don't we try it." Diego replied.
,,Because he's Klaus. Probably still high." Luther explained.
,,But he's not. Nothing else was going anywhere. I see no reason not to try. Even if he was high. That's all we got." Diego argued. He didn't know if it would work, but they had nothing else. Luther looked at Allison and she gave him a look that said she agreed with Diego. Luther sighed.
,,Okay. We're taking the van." He said.

In the car, they prepared for the fact that they might have to fight their way in. A man like that is bound to have guards. The plan was to fight and clear a path for Klaus to find Rory.

They were right. There were plenty of guards. They were fighting some of them when suddenly a shrill scream came from the house. They knew immediately it was Rory. Who else would it be? But they had never heard it so loud. They beat the guards outside and got inside. The guards were inside too, but nothing they couldn't handle. Klaus, Diego, and Allison went in one direction. Luther and Five the other way. When he could, Klaus split off and went looking for Rory. The 16-year-old ghost was showing him the way. He was getting close when he heard another scream.