9.

The next day I went into the living room and saw Klaus looking for something. He hasn't seen me yet.

,,Shut your piehole, Ben." He hissed.
,,Said with love." He blew him a kiss. I snorted with amusement and stepped into the room. Klaus turned and smiled at me.
,,Hello, Rory." He said.
,,Rough night?" I asked him.
,,Ahh. The night was good, but this morning is something." He chuckled. Klaus found what he was looking for. He found the blunt and lit it.
,,Isn't it a little early for that?" I asked. "It's never too early." He smiled.
I noticed he was shaking. I'd say he's sending the poisons into his body before the ghosts come. Or withdrawal symptoms.

,,Can't smoke eggs." He said suddenly.

,,Huh?" I looked at him.
Nothing, nothing. Just Ben's next lesson. He waved his hand. Oh. I'd say Ben doesn't like Klaus' choice of breakfast. I don't blame him. What Klaus does to himself breaks my heart. But I know I can't talk him out of it. I've tried, but it never works. So I stopped trying so hard.

Someone cleared their throat behind me.
,,Christ on a cracker!" Klaus yelled.
I turned around and saw Pogo.
,,Hey, Pogo." I smiled at him.
,,Master. Klaus. Miss Aurora." He nodded a greeting. "I have to ask you a question."
,,Oh." Klaus and I said at the same time.
,,What is it?" I asked him.
,,Items from your father's office have gone missing. In particular, an ornate box with pearl inlay." He said.
Really? You don't say" Klaus said in a strange tone. Oh boy. I looked at him but controlled my face so that Pogo wouldn't notice that I probably knew where it had gone. I bet he used it on drugs or alcohol. I'd frown on him if I could.
,,Any idea where it went?" Pogo asked us.
,,No" I said.
,,No, no, no. No idea. Sorry." Klaus lied. Sure, honey.
,,Drop dead." I heard Klaus muttered.
,,Would you shut up!" he hissed.
I cleared my throat to get Klaus' attention.
,,Excuse me?" Pogo asked.
,,Pogo, I didn't mean you. I just... I- You know, there's been a lot of stuff I've been dealing with.
Just a lot of memories coming up. All those good times. Well, not so much good times as really awful, terrible, depressing times." Klaus said.
,,The contents of that box are priceless." Pogo said. ,,Were they to find their way back to the office, whoever took it would be absolved of any blame or consequences." He continued.
,,Oh, well, lucky bastard." Klaus replied. I shook my head. This man.
,,Indeed" Pogo clicked his tongue and turned to leave.
,,Don't worry, Pogo. If I happen to find it, I'll let you know." I sent him a warm smile.
,,Thank you, Miss Aurora." He smiled back at me. I waited until he was out of earshot and turned to Klaus with a raised eyebrow.

,,You know what to do." I said.
,,Yeah, I know. I'll think of something."
,,Good. But first, go put some clothes on." I told him. Not that I mind the view.
,,Yeah, good idea." And he went to his room. Before he disappeared, he turned to me and shouted in a whisper.
,,But admit it. You're enjoying the view." He winked at me. Is he reading my mind or what? I could feel the heat in my cheeks, but I tried to hide it.
I pushed past him and brushed lightly against him. I felt him stiffen at the touch. But maybe I just imagined it.
,,You'll never know." I smirked and went to my room.
I know how I feel about him, but I have no idea what's going on in his head. Our flirting is doing something to me. But I don't know if Klaus is doing it because we've always done it or because he's always high. I sighed. I never stopped loving him, but from his point of view, I left him and he moved on.

I sat on the bed and heard a knock.
,,Come in." Five opened the door.
,,Are you okay?" He asked me.
,,Yeah, I'm fine. I just have this...weird feeling lately.  I was in the bathtub yesterday and I heard gunshots. I almost drowned." I sighed.
,,Hmm. Your power is so weird. But maybe it'll calm down and pass." He replied. Yeah, I don't think so. I looked at him and I thought he wasn't telling me something. Like he knew something about it.
,,Hey, do yo-" I started. He's not telling me something. I can feel it.
,,I need a favor." He said.
,,Okay?" I looked at him.
,,I need you and Klaus pretend to be my parents." He simply said. What?
,,Wow. You're not beating around the bush, are you? Oh, well, okay." I said.
,,That's it? You just agree?" He asked
,,Yeah, yeah. Could be fun." I shrugged. And I can also get out of you what you're keeping from me.
,,It's important, but at least I don't have to talk you into it." He replied. 
,,Why is it important?" I asked.
,,You wouldn't understand. 15 minutes downstairs. Wear something decent." He said and walked away. I stayed sitting on the bed. What the hell was that? Why doesn't he just say what it is? I'd say time in the future may not have done him much good.