24. A CHANCE

Pallavi's point of view:

As expected I was loaded with work because of the two days leave I took. Luckily dhruvika was there to help me.

She is the head director in my company now and has already bond with everyone because of her friendly attitude.

It has been 3 days since..... Aadvik left for the match.

Though I received many calls and texts from him, neither I responded , neither I opened the gift that he gave me, neither I want to talk about whatever happened that day or whatever that's happening in my head to anyone including dhruvika because she is annoyingly supporting her so called brother.

********

As we have to start the café project by coming Wednesday . It is Friday today, So I and dhruvika are busy detailing the budget list to submit to the client tomorrow. It was 6pm when I heard my office door creaking sound.

"Ma'am.." It was my PA who was peaking through the door. "Come in " I said. "Dhruvika mam can you help me to open this door I am holding your coffee mugs in both my hands" she sounded funny struggling to open the door.

"I'll open the door only when you stop calling me ma'am.. how many times should I say you are making me feel old..." dhruvika being herself stated.

"Wait I'll come " I said and went there opening the door. Dhruvika huffed pouting crossing her arms as her thirteenth try of making Gowri call her by her name failed.

Gowri gave her thankful smile to me while entering and placed the coffee mugs on the table.

"Bring your coffee too gowri let's talk about the gossips happening in the company..." Dhruvi said enthusiastically . Gowri had an amused expression in her face but she soon joined us when I nodded my head in approval.

" How come our silent pallavi ma'am has such a kind of naughty friend is the main talk of our company " Gowri stated after we settled down near the coffee table , I started laughing hearing her .

"Actually she is more naughtier than you think... " dhruvi replied with a mischievous smirk and I smacked her arm.

"So Gowri... Is there any guy who is crushing on our CEO ?" dhruvi asked , It seems this dhruvika is hell bent today to destroy the respect that my employees have on me.

" Not really.. because she enrolls only less amount of guys that to married ones... as she gives more preference to girls in this field" Gowri said and dhruvi shook her head in disapproving manner.

"..Mam but...." ( What but? seriously is there a guy really crushing on me?) " I'm listening " dhruvika said hastily in eager voice coming closer to Gowri.

"There was this day when I was shocked to see a celebrity in our office coming in search of pallavi ma'am... " she said "May be it would have been a client " I shrugged sipping my coffee. "No ma'am he even asked me whether you talk about him in office.."

I gave a confused look without knowing whom she is mentioning.

"Who is Indian cricketer Aadvik Kumar to you ma'am?" she asked eagerly . I started coughing vigorously. Dhruvika was like she was ready to burst out in laughter "Yes ma'am who is Aadvik Kumar?" dhruvi said voice filled with sarcasm . I glared at her.

"So you really know him??? " Gowri's eyes turned wide and she was eagerly waiting for my answer.

"Enough gossips for today... Gowri you may leave to your home early if you have finished your allotted work.." I said getting up but it seemed like Gowri had no idea of leaving me, she stood in my way with puppy eyes.