25. PROFILE PICTURE

Sorry for the late update... You see holidays make me lazy at times..

Wait for the ending... *Don't scroll down and spoil the fun*

Author's point of view:

Achyut froze in the spot without knowing how to comprehend the sudden embrace from dhruvika.

It was the first time some girl hugged him other than his mother and he felt his heart beat increasing rapidly.

When he heard her say in her soothing voice that said"People who accept their mistakes always deserve a second chance " He felt his broken mental state mending together on her words of.. hope. His eyes abruptly stopped it's tears. After few minutes when dhruvika left him from her embrace , he already missed her warmth but masked it by looking down .

Pallavi was viewing the scene in front of her like how she watches the sudden twist that takes place in her favorite soap drama.

"Thank you" Achyut mumbled looking at dhruvika's eyes, "Stop being a cry baby... Man up and face your problems" she said tapping his shoulder playfully,

Achyut's eyes turned wide .

"Says the person who was weeping in the middle of the pathway for a small scratch in the knees.." he said remembering her crying face in the hauz village. Dhruvika's eyes turned wide.

,"You remember me..?? I tho..thought you.. you would have forgotten me.. It's almost five years now..." she gapped in happy surprise. He didn't reply but had a small smile playing in his lips.

"Now only I understand why you tied the bandage that day professionally... you were a medical student !" dhruvika exclaimed her sudden discovery.

Achyut chuckled "Ya.. That time I was studying second year medicine.. so.. I kind of knew how to handle your wound.." he said and started conversing with her forgetting that he was crying on his fate a few moments back.

Pallavi cleared her throat to make dhruvika acknowledge that her friend was still there with them. Achyut and dhruvika turned at the same time towards the confused face.

"Do you... guys.. Know each other? Am I missing something?" pallavi asked raising her eyebrows. "Well.. we kind of ... have already met before... " dhruvika tried to form her words.

Pallavi mouthed 'Spill'.

**************

"So..... Is he the guy whom you said that you fell in-" before pallavi could complete dhruvika closed her mouth. By her gesture Pallavi got her answer , 'He is the guy my friend fell in love with at hauz khas.'

"Later" dhruvika whispered in pallavi's ear and laughed awkwardly to distract achyut's questioning stare. "I think we should leave " dhruvika stated composing herself.

"But you were saying something pallavi... " achyut asked curiously and dhruvika's eyes were already pleading pallavi to not say anything.

"It's nothing.." pallavi said and smirked looking at dhruvi. Pallavi was so happy that she at last got something to control her hyperactive bestie.

"Pallavi..." achyut called slowly "Will you forgive me?" he asked.

" None of the happenings.... in past... was your fault.......Even though you did lie to me about aadvik.. I think it made me realize one thing for sure...... that....... I should not believe whatever I see or hear..... blindly" she said.

Achyut looked down with a sad smile." I forgive you achyut..." she said and smiled,

"But... I cannot love you.. or marry you......"