Compulsion Christmas chaos - 47

Rita was quick to have her scoop in the papers as always and the public was in an outrage. Dumbledore's faithful followers did their best to defend the man's actions but Rita was very thorough. While they could defend his choices in the past, Sirius was healthy and innocent and he no longer had an legal hold on the boy. Many dark and neutral families read the story with glee as Sirius Black finally joined their side and mentally cheered on Hadrian for his brilliant way with words. Light families worried about Harry because he is with muggles like Hadrian was and hated the thought of their savior being hurt. They were still weary of Sirius Black due to his family but could understand the man's want to protect the only close family he has left. Hadrian and Sirius's plan was working and they couldn't be happier. Christmas break quickly arrived and Sirius swung the boy around in a hug when him and Malfoy's flooed into his manor.

   This Christmas, they were all staying at Hadrian's manor as he had insisted. Lucius and Narcissa shared a room on the second floor with Draco staying on the third floor in the room across from Hadrians. Sirius also had a room on the second floor that was permanently his due to how often he would drop by to visit. Kreature worked with Milly some too as he had to care for the "idiotic son of his mistress" but Sirius had been treating him nicer after being lectured by Hadrian so he didn't complain much. Severus had important potions to brew so he visited often but never for too long until Christmas Day. Marvel was similar as he was busy reconnecting and ordering around death eaters and only visited twice before Christmas morning. Remus on the other hand didn't want to bother them with him being a dark creature until Hadrian send Sirius his way to talk some sense into him and he stayed for the last week and a half of break.

    Narcissa wanted to let the boys go to Diagon Alley on their own but worried about how the public might react to Hadrian due to his involvement with Rita's article. Sirius came up with the idea of glamours along with him and Remus joining to keep the boys safe. Not wanting to worry their mother, Hadrian and Draco agreed with little fuss and headed out. With gift ideas already in mind, they got all they needed within a few hours and had Dobby and Milly wrap the gifts for them once they returned home. Christmas morning seemed to take forever to arrive but everyone exchanged gifts. They went one at a time, in a big circle of eight with Hadrian going last. Hadrian took the time to thank each person after opening their gift and treated each one carefully as if it was a treasure. After opening the gifts from everyone in the room, he moved into gifts from admirers, friends, allies, and acquaintances.

Hadrian really disliked the admirers as they always wrote about how sorry they were that he was hurt and sympathized with him even though they didn't know him. Other expressed their love for him and he would just pass the gift to someone else to enjoy with a look of disgust on his face. He enjoyed the candies, books, and games his friends got him and made a mental note to write them letters in thanks later. Gifts from allies mainly included his friends' parents but he got one from Amelia Bones and the other Weasley heirs too. Charlie's gift of a necklace with an old dragon claw was his favorite. He left acquaintances last as Hadrian never knew what to expect.

The acquaintance pile was finally narrowed down to two gifts and they were oddly wrapped. They both appeared a bit lumpy and he didn't want to open them. The first was from the Weasley banshee and the other had no name attached. Not trusting either, he grabbed the one without a name first after testing it with a wandless detection charm. Untying the strings around the wrapped package, Hadrian pulled away the wrapping paper to reveal an odd looking cloak. Sirius gasped, "That's Jamsies old invisibility cloak! It is a family heirloom, who on Earth gave you it!?" Remus watched with confusion in his eyes before quietly remarking, "Dumbledore had it last but I thought he gave it back before the attack..." A card fell out of the cloak as Hadrian picked it up to drape around himself and read it out loud. "This cloak once belonged to your ancestors and belonged to James Potter before his passing. Use it well, Dumbledore. Headmaster of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, Grand Sorcerer, First Class, Supreme Mugwump, and Chief Warlock... does this man ever get tired of mentioning all his titles?"

Marvel, Siris, and Lucius chuckled at Hadrian's comment as Draco and Narcissa let out little giggles. Remus just sighed as Severus scoffed in annoyance. "Guess not," Hadrian whispers to himself and checks the gift from Molly Weasley nee Prewett. He jerked his hand away quickly as it detected a compulsion charm to like her two youngest spoiled baby brats and the light side. Marvel glared at the gift in response and growled as his detection spell gave him the same results. He burned the gift to a crisp before Hadrian could even conjure a flame on his pinky and stormed out of the room. His eyes flash red as his creature seems to be trying to take over and he is soon viciously tearing apart the dummies in Hadrian's training room. This went on for some time, how long Hadrian didn't know as he was amazed by the man's magic and acted sheepish when the man finally noticed his presence.

"You okay now?" He tries to ask innocently but Marvel just looks at him unimpressed. "Hadrian you could have gotten hurt, my magic was going wild and could have lashed out at you." He explained in a strained calm voice and Hadrian just laughs and runs off. Marvel shouts about him being a cheeky little brat but he knows the man is just joking. Marvel had never tried to hurt him and made him feel safe. He loved teasing Marvel and Marvel would tease right back. Sadly he had to return to his manor to complete more work the next day and Hadrian spent the last few days of break playing quidditch, receiving and writing letters, and cooked dessert for his family the final night as Milly refused to let him make both dinner and desserts.

AN - Double update and an announcement after this! Don't worry, this book is not being discontinued or put on hold/ hiatus. Thanks for reading! ❤️