Lord Marvel Thomas Gaunt - 24

Edited - September 18, 2023

   Hadrian wakes up in the same bed he had slept in for the past week and a half but feels different. He feels... happier. A smile grows on his face as his fingers run over his new ring, allowing the coldness of the ring to wake him up. The room he had been thinking of as his assigned room for whenever he visits is actually his room for him and him alone! He gets up out of his bed and dresses quickly as he wants to thank his official family properly by making them breakfast as a surprise. He knows he will have to argue with the elves but he already has a battle plan in mind. Having thrown off his comfortable silk pajamas and changed into some nice jeans and a Slytherin sweater, he walks down the glamorous stairs and to the kitchen and met by two very frustrated elves and one friendly elf. Having been with Hadrian for nearly a year and a half now, Willard and Milly have grown used to him attempting to cook most mornings and they aren't happy. Dobby however, is just giddy to see the boy as he is such a kind master towards all house elves.

   "Milly please!" Hadrian begins as she already knows what he wants to do. "No master Hadrian, you will not be cooking for the family, how many times will I have to tell you that!?" Milly claims, upset that her little master still feels the need to complete those chores his awful muggles made him do. "But," "No," "What if," "Still no!" Hadrian and Milly go back and forth while Willard watches his wife work and Dobby watches in confusion as he tries to follow their argument. "Ok fine!" Hadrian pretends to give up. Milly sighs happy and turns to Willard to begin breakfast. "I order you to let me cook breakfast." Her master's smug little voice pipes from behind her.

   Milly just freezes and pulls on her ears in frustration. Willard sighs as the boy has managed to find yet another loop hole in Milly's argument and Dobby laughs at the boy's cleverness. "Only if you let us help you!" Milly finally responds in defeat. Hadrian smiles in victory and bobs his head up and down. Together, with mainly Willard and Dobby's help as they did more of the cooking regularly, they whip up a large breakfast. They cook French toast, scrambled eggs, bacon, and sausage. They squeeze fresh orange juice and bake cinnamon rolls. They pull butter and jams out for the toast and after one hour as magic speeds things up, everything is finished.

   Draco wakes up to the smell of breakfast and sits up confused as usually Hadrian is the one to playfully wake him up by jumping on his bed when he sleeps too long. He goes to his now literal brother's room and sees an empty bed. A little worried, Draco wakes up his parents and Severus and they all travel downstairs to look for him. However they weren't expecting to see him partially covered in flour and using his flames to magically warm up some syrup. Narcissa giggles at her youngest son and he jumps, losing concentration, and Willard just barely catches the dropped syrup cup in time. "Hi?" Hadrian nervously says causing Draco to burst into the laughter he has been tried so hard to hold in and falls to the floor clutching his sides.

   Severus just flicked his wand to remove the flour from Hadrian's hair and Lucius playfully rolls his eyes as he tells Dobby to clean up. The family all gathers at the table once Draco calms down and enjoy the feast Hadrian has prepared. They all eat until they could eat no more and chat, when Milly walks in with a letter for Hadrian. She has already checked it for spells like the good elf she is, definitely not overprotective, and it was clean, so Hadrian opens it and begins to read. "It's from the dark lord thanking me for his Yuletide present."

   Lucius chokes on the orange juice he was drinking and Narcissa pats his back as he regains his composure. "You... you sent the DARK LORD, a Yuletide present!" Hadrian just shrugs and nods as if it was the most normal thing in the world to do. "Well what did you get him!?" Draco impatiently demands. "I got him a silver ring with snakes carved in it, whose fangs hold an emerald in place due to him being in the Slytherin lineage. I also sent him a book on current politics and rules with an inheritance test for him to take so he knows what seats he can claim at Wizengamot."

Severus just hums in approval of the gift and eats another bite of his jammed toast, completely unfazed. Hadrian continues to read the rest of the letter written in Parseltongue. -Now that I have been made aware of my power in Wizengamot, with you and my followers support, we can peacefully bring change to the wizarding world as I originally wanted. Fudge is an complete and total idiot and a helpless puppy that follows Dumbles every order. If we can get rid of him, we can place someone new of our own choosing to control the ministry. As appreciation for your help, I have placed a bracelet with a small piece of the philosopher's stone in it with protective runes carved into it. Behind this letter is my test's results which I though you would enjoy reading. With the new name I have chosen, the old coot will try and claim I am Voldemort but after claiming for so many years that I hated my name, we can use that to show the world his mind is slipping. Take care, my little horcrux.
~ Lord Marvel Thomas Gaunt

Hadrian slips the bracelet on with a smirk and feels a small warmth as the bracelet's magic surrounds him. He flips over to the back of the page to finish the letter. As it would turn out, the dark lord owns seven votes as he holds the Gaunt name which is known to be connected to the Slytherin line and though the Riddles were surprisingly squibs, they are an older family that hold his other three votes. Hadrian has claimed the Slytherin Lord title so he was unable to claim that but seven votes was enough to hold a strong influence as a new face in his twenty year old body. He has collected the rest of his horcruxes and is ready to take action. His cover story is that he has been hidden from the world as his mother died in child birth and was homeschooled by his muggle relatives. Once he learned of his magic, he taught himself and traveled the world to learn more about magic and all it can and cannot do. He will take his OWLS and NEWTS back to back to prove his knowledge and join Wizengamot as soon as possible. He will slowly make his followers aware of who he is once he completes his accepted his seats, starting with his inner circle within some time this new year.