Gringotts and Goblins - 3

Edited - December 30, 2023

When Harry woke up a second time, his body didn't hurt as much as it had before which confused him greatly. He carefully stretched his aching joints but stopped when he realized he had something heavy on his back. He slowly looked behind himself to see a pair of giant wings! They were black as coal at the top and slowly turned to dark reds and oranges at the bottom. They were so long they nearly touched the floor but when Harry felt them they were so soft they were almost fluffy.

   Finding his ripped up and bloody shirt on the floor, Harry successfully knelt down and grabbed it without tipping over under the weight

Finding his ripped up and bloody shirt on the floor, Harry successfully knelt down and grabbed it without tipping over under the weight. He gingerly slipped the shirt over his head and with much difficulty, eventually managed to get his wings through some of the rips and the shirt fully pulled down. "Raven? Are you okay?" He asked, not knowing where his friend had gone. "Hatchling! You're awake! Can you tell this stupid bird I am not a snack and take its letter so it will go away!?"

   Harry spun around to see Raven behind him and glaring at an owl. Seeing that he was awake, the owl flew up to him and carefully landed on his shoulder before sticking its leg out with a letter attached to it. He quickly untied the letter and spun it around to see it was from a place called Gringotts. He broke open the wax seal and began to skim through the letter. It said :

Dear Harry James Potter,
   It has come to our knowledge that you have gone through a very early creature inheritance. We would like to speak to you immediately to document your creature and give you any help you may be needing. This letter is a port key. Just say the word galleon out loud and it will take you to us. Show this letter to a goblin upon your arrival and one of us will gladly assist you.
               We anxiously await your arrival,
                                                                 Gringotts

   "Raven, I need you to slither around my waist and hold on tight. After this I don't think we will be coming back here any time soon." Harry said with a slight tremble in his breath. "Ready?" He asked, Raven squeezed his waist a little tighter in response. "Galleon," Harry felt his entire body being squeezed and mentally told himself to not get sick. His body was spun round and round until he heard a pop and he began to fall.

   Now it was quite common for Gringotts to be busy and have people practically flying in and out. People would apperate outside of the building and you could come through a heavily monitored floo network as well. But it was not common for a child with wings to drop in via port key right in the middle of the entrance and fall down with a quiet yelp. He was very small, no matter his age and looked around in awe of the building only to see many men and women looking down at him in shock.

   Lucius Malfoy was one of those people but took pity on the boy and quickly helped him up, careful not to touch his wings. The boy whispered a soft "thank you" as his wings seemed to wrap around him to protect him. Lucius just gave the boy a nod and looked up to glare at anyone still looking at the terrified child. He could understand their surprise but didn't they have anything better to do? He looked down again at the boy and saw a Gringotts letter gripped tightly in his hand.