Chapter Eighty Two

Start from the beginning

"It's 5 in the morning, Xavier." I grumble like a cat as I climb inside his Jeep. But the moment I see Bloo, I'm wide awake. I'm cooing and swooning over my dog, forgetting about the devil next to me. 

Xavier quietly chuckles. And even in the morning, he looks hot. The hoodie on him looks irresistible. I strap on my seatbelt and slouch back in the passenger seat. Bloo makes himself comfortable in my lap. He's getting heavy but I love him to death. He's like a giant teddy bear.

"You're such a night owl." He starts up the car and shifts the gear.

I twist my head toward him lazily.

"Some of us need a couple of hours to come back to the real world. Waking up before nine should be illegal."

With his eyes on the road, Xavier takes glances at me with a small amused smile.

"Maybe if you stopped staying up so late reading your smutty books then maybe you wouldn't struggle to get up in the morning."

I roll my eyes, petting Bloo's soft fur. 

"Don't victim blame my books."

"I'm not blaming your books," he shakes his head in amusement, "I'm blaming your insatiable sleeping schedule."

"Whatever, mom."

Xavier quietly chuckles which makes my lower stomach simmer with warmth. Being in the car with him in such close counters is unnerving. He smells so good and looks like dessert. 

Oh, I could just spread him out and eat him. 

"Where are we going anyway?" I ask.

"Just be quiet. You'll know when you see it."

Bossy jerk.

I don't entertain him with a smart answer, instead, I turn my head and watch the scenery as it whizzes past us. The roof is down so the morning cold air makes me shiver but in a good way. Bloo slumps his head on the door and enjoys the breeze. The scent of the air and the ocean is breathtaking and I find myself closing my eyes for a moment. There's a soft melody of a familiar song playing in the background that translates best to what I'm feeling.

After figuring out what I want to do with him and me, with us, it's only a matter of conveying them through words to him. And I'm the worst, most awkward person to do that.

But I know I have to do it.

I'm so lost in my state of lethargic slumber that when I look upon the scenery and road he's driving down, it's like being woken up by being splashed with cold water. I sit up straighter, all my attention on the mountains dipped in the chilly, foggy, morning clouds. It's magical, so mystical.

This is what I've been wanting to do since coming to Hawaii.

The color green of the trees and bushes is so vibrant, and beautiful. In my stomach, there are butterflies swarming with excitement. Xavier drives down the long, endless road, letting me live in this breathtaking moment. Then he pulls over and cuts the engine. We're surrounded by Mother Nature, the tall mountains, the trees, and the gray sky.

So this was why he told me to bring my camera.

I smile to myself and grab my camera. There's nothing but the sounds of the birds, the rustle of trees, and the static of the clouds. The distant crashes of waves make me want to fall asleep. It's so peaceful.

Once I'm happy with the photos I've taken, I sit back and tug up the blanket that Xavier considerately thought to bring. Keeping my eyes on the ethereal, meadowy visual in front of me, I snuggle my teddy in my arms. Bloo is sprawled over me with his tail resting on Xavier's thighs. I'm not angry anymore at him for dragging me out of bed. This is the best feeling ever.