The terror of the mist - Part I

Yu opened his eyes to an endless sea of darkness , the world around him felt empty and cold , he tried to move or to speak , but hw could do neither . While in that darkness , he remembered what happened . As the fog set in in Inaba , he learned that Kaede Amagi , the person who was trapped in the world inside the TV had met her demise . He had wanted to believe it wasn't all lost , and that he could still do something to save her despite what happened . However his worst fears came to pass , and the killer managed to snatch the life of another innocent victim . As those thoughts filled his head , the darkness around him began to disperse , bit only slightly .

He could see himself in what seemed to be the velvet room , that he could just barely discern, for the darkness was still oppressively dominant in the room and he could barely see anything in it . He could distinguish silhouettes in the darkness , of Margaret who kept her gaze low at the compendium , and Marie who sat close to her , hugging her arm and trembling , as if she was scared of something . Then there was Igor , his face was obscured in the darkness , and the only trace that helped Yu discern him was his bald head eclipsed by what little light there was in the room .

" welcome ... are you awake ... ? " Igor spoke , only his body didn't seem to move . His voice echoed through the velvet room , making Yu feel like the room itself was speaking to him " the mystery is deepening , and the fog is thickening even as we speak . Soon it will be too dangerous to continue driving "

" what ... ?! " Yu suddenly gasped , as if his voice was abruptly returned to him " what ... should I do ?! "

" wether you continue on this mentality , or rethink the choices that brought you here , the time has come to make a decision " Igor replied " surely you have realized the consequences of failing to grasp the truth within the dark mist , my guest . Try to remember how you ended up in this position , learn from your actions , and arise once again with determination "

Learn from my actions ... Yu closed his eyes , having taken Igor's words to heart. He tried to think about what exactly happened that day , how he came to lose the battle against the shadows and how he failed to save Kaede Amagi . To understand what happened , Yu tried to go back in memory to the early hours of that morning , when he was ready to go into the world inside the TV with Yosuke and Chie , and think back to what exactly happened ...

It all started in that fateful morning , it was the day Yu learned from Yosuke that Chie had recovered from the exhaustion she had been feeling ever since she awakened a new Persona

It all started in that fateful morning , it was the day Yu learned from Yosuke that Chie had recovered from the exhaustion she had been feeling ever since she awakened a new Persona . First of all , Yu made his way to the velvet room , as he knew he had to have more potent Personas to face Kaede's shadow , as he couldn't match the shadows around her in their last confrontation . Inside the velvet room , he fused his Personas to obtain Lilim , which had better healing and the ability to inflict terror on the shadows .

An hour or so later , the three of them met in the food court of Junes . They knew that they had wasted a lot of time , and if the weather forecast was to be trusted , then they only had three or four more days until the mist would set in the streets of Inaba and with it the Kaede's death would come to pass . That was why they had come to the fateful decision that the three of them would skip school that day and make their way to the world inside the TV , and by the time most students were making their way to school , Yu and Yosuke were already with Chie in the food court of Junes .