Yosuke Hanamura - Part III

Silence spread throughout Adachi's small office , it was so quiet that you would hear the sound of a needle hitting the floor . Adachi blinked once , then again , then one more time . He seemed like was trying to comprehend what Yui had just told him , like he was trying to wrap his head around the absurdity of her claim , but his mind was baffled by her words .

" let me ... let me get this straight ... " he said slowly and uncertainly " you're saying the killer is kidnapping the victim ... and ... uh ... throwing her ... in the TV ... ? "

" yes ! I don't know exactly how he does it , but he kills her inside the TV and ... " Yui stopped as she saw Adachi clutching his forehead exhaustedly " what are you doing ?! This is serious ! The police needs to investigate this immediately ! "

"  one second ... let me check something ... " Adachi placed his hand on Yui's forehead " no fever ... did you drink something that's not for anyone under 18 ? "

" you think I'm messing around ?! " Yui frantically turned around and skimmed the office with her eyes " a TV ! All I need is one TV and I can prove it all to you ! "

" okay , first of all , did you actually see Miss Konishi or Miss Yamano in the TV ? "

" I ... I didn't ... but many did ... "

" okay ... did they see her get killed in there ? "

" n—no ... not that I'm aware of it ... they just thought either of them was their soulmate or something ... "

" see , it's just a silly rumor among high school students "

" n—no , it's not ! I tried it and saw different results every time ! One time I saw my cousin with two people in there , and my hands even went straight through the screen !!! "

Just then , Mr. Dojima entered the office . He looked very impatient and somewhat angry , but was surprised to see Yui in the office . She immediately took the chance and repeated her theory to Mr. Dojima , but she was dismayed to see the look of disbelief and doubt in his face , he clearly didn't believe her .

" Yui , this is serious work ! We already have a lot on our hands , so stop wasting our time "

Unsurprisingly, Mr. Dojima was even less accepting of Yui's words . After silencing her , he scolded Adachi , before the two of them left . Yui felt suffocated , this had been happening to her throughout her life , as no adult would listen to anything she said , why exactly did she think this would be different ?

 Yui felt suffocated , this had been happening to her throughout her life , as no adult would listen to anything she said , why exactly did she think this would be different ?

When Yu began to gradually regain his consciousness , he felt the pain of the bruises he suffered from falling gradually diminish . By the time he opened his eyes , he could feel no pain . The place around him felt very familiar , it was the luxurious interior of a limousine , but the one clue that immediately reminded was the mostly bald man with the small strands of ragged white hair and creepy grin . There was no mistaking it , this was definitely the velvet room , and that was Igor . Yu had already been to this place once , except this time there was only Igor in this room .